You wake up at your normal time and when you login you see the computer’s clock shows 3 hours earlier. How will you adjust? How will you respond? Are you ready for a new day with an early start? Are you ready for a new adventure? What if you found a surprise last night? What if you gave it up to God rather than worrying in order to get some sleep? How will God take care of it? How will God provide this time? Let’s get ready to go and see what all He will do with today!
Day 10: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 10 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Do you realize that sometime to get you where you need to be requires that you are inconvenienced? Similar to how it took the census of Caesar Augustus to get get Joseph and Mary to Bethlehem in time for the birth of Jesus.
- Do you realize that sometimes God uses the selfishness or plans of man to accomplish His will? Similar to how Caesar Augustus’s desire to be able to tax, control, manipulate, enlist caused him to take a census of the entire Roman world.
- Do you realize that even when others have plans for evil, God can turn them around and use them for good? Similar to how Joseph’s brothers sold him as a slave but how it positioned Joseph to save not only Egypt but also his entire family.
- Do you realize that God’s plan is for everyone? Similar to how in the midst of the birth of Jesus, He sent out angels to the shepherds so they too can know of the birth of the savior.
- Do you realize that God can bring encouragement in the midst of your life by sending others to speak God’s truth to you? Similar to how the shepherds went to see Jesus and how it spoke truth and life to Mary and Joseph. Similar to how Simeon spoke praising God as he was to live until he got to see the salvation for both Israel and the gentiles. Similar to how Anna, the daughter of Penuel got to speak about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.
- Do you realize the importance of giving your children to God and having them dedicated to Him? Similar to what they did both for Jesus and in the Old Testament.
- Do you realize there are reasons and purposes for resisting things and even celebrating things? Like what was being done because the Lord brought the people of Israel out of Egypt with His mighty hand, out the land of slavery.
- Do you realize no matter the situation or the circumstances, God will lead you and guide if you are willing to listen and follow after Him. Like how He provided fire by night and cloud by day.
- Do you realize there is a way and time for everything? God reveals these things in His Word like purification, like Solomon spoke.
- Let’s celebrate all the good God has done for us so that others may see it and also glorify our Heavenly Father in heaven.
- Do you realize that God will forgive our sins and heal our land? Like He promised in today’s reading when he said:
- ‘“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. ‘ — 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
- Do you realize God is revealed through everything in life?
As day 10 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?