How will you choose to lead? Will you lead by example? Will you lead through service? Will you lead as a visionary? Will you lead by coaching? Will you lead by nurturing and helping? Will you lead by soliciting opinions and advice? Will you lead by setting standards and holding people accountable? Will you lead by making decisions with some input from others and then telling others what to do? Will you lead by commanding without any input from others? Will you lead by deligating and providing very little direction? Will you lead as a bureaucracy? Will you choose to lead?
Will you look to lead in accordance to the world’s standards like:
- 10 Different Types of Leadership Styles | Norwich University Online – https://online.norwich.edu/academic-programs/resources/10-different-types-leadership-styles
- Leadership Styles – Leadership Training From MindTools.com – https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_84.htm
- 6 Leadership Styles And When You Should Use Them – https://www.fastcompany.com/1838481/6-leadership-styles-and-when-you-should-use-them
Will you look to lead in accordance with what the Bible says and what Jesus demonstrated like:
- Will you lead by speaking the truth?
- Will you lead by offering more to people and asking more of those people?
- Will you lead by valuing people more?
- Will you lead by valuing all people?
- Will you lead motivated by compassion?
- Will you lead with forgiveness?
Will you look to God’s Word for instruction on how to lead like:
- Lessons from Jesus on how to serve others
- 20 Bible Verses About Leadership: What Did Jesus Teach?
- 4 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Jesus
- 10 Character Traits of Jesus To Emulate
- 7 Leadership Traits of Jesus Christ
We are all called to lead in some way shape or form. To thrive we need to answer the call and step into that position for the glory of God! Are you to lead as a spouse? Are you to lead as a parent? Are you to lead as a child? Are you to lead in your community? Are you to lead in your company? Are you to lead in your church? Are you to lead your government? Are you to lead in servicing others? How and where are you being called to lead?
Ever heard the difference between a leader and a boss?
- “Leadership is a virtue of leading people through encouraging them. Management is a process of managing the activities of the organisation.“
- “Leadership requires trust of followers on his leader. Unlike Management, which needs control of manager over its subordinates.“
- “Leadership is a skill of influencing others while Management is the quality of the ruling.“
- “Leadership demands foresightedness of leader, but Management has a short range vision.“
- “In leadership, principles and guidelines are established, whereas, in the case of management, policies and procedures are implemented.“
- “Leadership is Proactive. Conversely, management is reactive in nature.“
- “Leadership brings change. On the other hand, Management brings stability.“
Ever heard how you think you are a leader and nobody is following you then you are just going for a walk?
Ever heard how leaders can be managers but not all managers are leaders?
So reflect on where you are at today and how you can choose to lead right.
Scripture for Today:
Today’s Post from BeTheDads.com:
Where are you at? What are you going through? How are you dealing with it? Who is helping and who is hindering? Why? Choose today to invite Jesus into your heart! Choose today to invite Jesus into your life! Choose today to invite the Holy Spirit to be your comforter and your guide to help give you the wisdom and discernment you need for the day and help to correct and direct the path you are walking down today!