Starting today with a spiritual emphasis is a great way to start the first Monday of 2022 with a week of prayer and fasting with the theme of REVIVE! After an incredible sermon yesterday starting a new series in the book of Exodus speaking to the topic of THRIVING in 2022. Many of us have been surviving through these pandemic years but the word yesterday was THRIVE! What comes to mind when you hear the word THRIVE? Looking at the definition and the synonyms we find: flourish, prosper, grow vigorously, develop well, burgeon, bloom, blossom, do well, advance, make strides, succeed, shoot up, boom, profit, expand, go well, grow rich, flourishing, prosperous, prospering, growing, developing, burgeoning, blooming, healthy, successful, advancing, progressing, luxuriant, lush, prolific, booming, profitable, expanding, and fast-growing. As we look at and into 2022 let’s take hold of this reality and spend time in God’s Word receiving God’s instruction from the book of Exodus. A few key takeaways from the sermon include:
- When we forget the past or when the leaders forget what God has done they/we can find ourselves living out our lives based on fear rather than facts and faith.
> Exodus 1:6-10
- Heading into 2022 there are many who have forgotten or even not heard the reality of God and what He has done.
- Let’s take hold of God and allow Him to work in and through us, bringing cleansing and empowerment.
> Isaiah 1:18
- Sometimes we have a mess on our hands because of decisions we have made and other times because of the situation we find ourselves in.
- When people are driven by fear they try to control others and we see how the Egyptians tried to do this to the Hebrew people, even to the point of trying to kill all the son but the opposite happened as with the pressures being put on them the people started to comfort one another more and the people grew even more. Present time examples of COVID babies from when we were forced to stay home and isolate.
> Exodus 1:15-21
- God doesn’t just want us to survive but He desires for us to thrive! We see this in the response of the midwives who not only honored God by choosing to serve God over serving Pharoh’s commands but God honored them by given them families of their own.
> Exodus 2:1-9
- When we release something to God like Moses’ mom did, and like our family did yesterday as my daughter heads off to bootcamp, God protects like He did for Moses and He will do for my daughter too.
- God knows what He wants and is able to get things into the right place at the right time for His purposes.
- God will provide more than we can ask or even imagine if we give up control and give up to God!
> Ephesians 3:20
- So for us to thrive, we need to do something different than we have done before. We have to sow in order to reap. We need to give God something new to work with. As we sow He can help it grow.
- We need to draw closer to God in order to be able to hear His voice and feel His prompting – if we want to experinece a greater impact.
- So we need to set other things aside and posture our hearts towards God and seek Him and His will and His way.
> Exodus 2:11-21
- Are ready for God to do something new in you? Are you ready to turn back to and seek God?
- If what you are wanting/needing isn’t with God then you have the wrong plans. Are you ready for Him to show up real in your life and THRIVE?
Are you ready to turn back to God?
Repentance? You might be wondering/asking what that means?
Repentance is reviewing one’s actions and feeling contrition or regret for past wrongs, which is accompanied by commitment to and actual actions that show and prove a change for the better.Repentance – Wikipedia
Said another way it is turning away from our wicked ways and turning back to God. With the commitment we see Jesus transforming our hearts and a new life being lived out! There are many bible verses on the subject as I shared links for above.
Are you ready to make a difference? Are you ready to be the difference? Are you ready to be the one God created and purposed for you to be? For me, that means digging deeper into Being the Dad that God created me to be and pursuing the cause of Be the Dads He has put into my heart.
So are you ready to turn back to God and invite Him into your life? Are you ready for God to make things new in order to help you thrive in this thing called life? Let’s not forget how God’s Word tells us how Jesus came that we can have life and life more abundantly (John 10:10), that’s right, He wants us to thrive! Let’s not be swayed from this truth by the devil who want to steal, kill, and destroy but instead let’s turn to God, turn from our own wicked ways, and invite Jesus into our hearts as our Lord and Savior! Let’s pray: