Are you ready to move forward step by step? Are you ready to be taking ground little by little? Are you ready to press forward and press in one step at a time to get there?
What if you knew that God would be there with every little step you took? Would that encourage you to take that first step and not stop till you get there? Ever heard the lyrics to the song Little by Little? Ever tried to take too big of a step and found it hard and gave up? Ever tried to take too big of a step and then ended up going backward? Ever pressed in and pressed on but took a smaller step the next time? The lyrics to Little by Little that thought could be helpful were the following:
So let’s take it one step at a time. Let’s not try to overreach our boundaries but rather let’s take it one step at a time and make sure we are heading in the right direction and don’t end up way off course! Let’s do it in a way that will not only be productive and helpful but also keep us encouraged and motivated. Let’s decide to make a difference in this world one step at a time, one person at a time, one act of kindness at a time for the glory of God!
The One Year Daily Insights with Zig Ziglar and Dr. Ike Reighard
for October 28th
One At A Time
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour.’Matthew 9:22
Let’s make sure before we move forward that we have the context and better understanding of this statement and the circumstances around it by grabbing the context from the verses around it and by using the Amplified version.
‘While He was saying these things to them, a ruler (synagogue official) entered [the house] and kneeled down and worshiped Him, saying, “My daughter has just now died; but come and lay Your hand on her, and she will live.” Jesus got up and began to accompany the ruler, with His disciples. Then a woman who had suffered from a hemorrhage for twelve years came up behind Him and touched the [tassel] fringe of His outer robe; for she had been saying to herself, “If I only touch His outer robe, I will be healed.” But Jesus turning and seeing her said, “Take courage, daughter; your [personal trust and confident] faith [in Me] has made you well.” And at once the woman was [completely] healed. When Jesus came to the ruler’s house, and saw the flute players [who were professional, hired mourners] and the [grieving] crowd making an uproar, He said, “Go away; for the girl is not dead, but is sleeping.” And they laughed and jeered at Him. But when the crowd had been sent outside, Jesus went in and took her by the hand, and the girl got up. And the news about this spread throughout all that district. ‘Matthew 9:18-26
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Ever been in a big hurry but someone needed you for something?
- Jesus’s group was but the divine enounter on the trip was scheduled for Him to touch a life.
- Everyone was trying to get Jesus to the home of Jairus whose daughter was ill and seemed to be dying and so they wanted Him to get there to save her.
- Jesus agreed to go with Jairus as we read above.
- The disciples figured this would give Jesus some great PR.
- They probably figured such a high profile healing would do miracles for movement or cause.
- As we see they were surrounded by a huge crowd.
- In the midst of the crowd was a lady who had been sick for years.
- She believed and had the faith that if she could just touch the hem of Jesus’s robe that she would be healed.
- So she reached out and touched it and was instantly healed.
- Jesus knew and felt it and wanted to make sure she and everyone to know how much He cares and so stopped to talk with her.
- The people who were trying to escort Him quickly to the dying little girl probably started to get nervous by such a delay.
- Jesus’s timing was and is perfect and so He finished His conversation with the lady healed of the blood problem.
- As He finished and they were ready to go, the little girl had died, but Jesus is the Lord of life and so that wasn’t an obstacle or problem to Him. (Check out the story of Jesus resurrecting Lazarus from the dead in John 11:38-54)
- Ever had people try to make a bad situation worse? Did you request they leave?
- Just like Jesus got the doubters to leave, we need to remove such people from the situation in order for faithfilled people to rise up.
- Jesus was able to enter into the situation and the young girl woke up and got up.
- How would you have responded? You are faced with a chronically sick woman and a critically sick little girl who needed immediate attention?
- Jesus realize how much that woman had been through, the feeling of rejection, the feeling of abandonment, she needed more than just a physical healing, she needed an encounter with Jesus!
- Jesus knew that nothing was out of his power and control and so He knew that He needed to make the time for this older woman and speak life and hope into her life.
- Jesus knew that by taking this time to pour into her life that she would be ready and able to have a true relationship with God!
- She needed Jesus time now! Jesus can take care of healing and death, so Jesus chose to take care of the urgent and important over the important in the moment and then took care of the important issue too.
- Do you realize how important you are to God? You are so important that God wants to spend time with you to start, build, and have a relationship with you!
- Just like the lady with the chronical illness, who needed Jesus to talk to her, to connect with her, to impart love and power to her in that moment, Jesus knows we need it too!
- God gave priority to the here and now because He knew He was able to take care of the original request and save Jairus’s daughter too.
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- What does this story tell you about God’s priorities in His relationship with you?
- Take some time now to respond to God’s love and tell him how you feel about Him.
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
When you come to the end of everything you know And are faced with the darkness of the unknown, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen. Either there will be something solid for you to stand on, Or you will be taught how to fly.— Barbara J. Winter
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So where are you today? Are you needing faith to be able to take that next step? Are you ready to take that next step in faith? Are you pursuing God’s instruction and direction? Are you ready to experience what that next step will bring? Are you ready to tell God how you feel about Him? Are you ready to tell God that you want Him to move into your heart and be your Lord and Savior? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?
Leave a Reply, love to hear from you…