Ever heard the question “If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around, does it make a sound?”? To make a sound does it need to have been heard? To be heard doesn’t it require someone to be there to listen? to hear it?
It is interesting when you look up the definition of sound, listen, and hear.
So for a vibration to be a sound, it needs to be heard. To hear something we need to be paying attention to it or be listening. And when we are listening we are being attentive and as such are able to hear the sound.
Have you been ready to listen and hear the Word of God? Do you realize the benefits that come from it? Let’s check out today’s verse of the day from the Bible App:
‘Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. ‘Romans 10:17
Are you open to hearing the message? Are you available to hear the message? Are you going places in hope of hearing the message? Are you watching things in hope of hearing the message? Are you searching in hope of finding the message? Are you ready to hear the message of Jesus? Are you ready to receive the message of Jesus? Are you ready to be transformed by the power of Jesus? Are you ready to become faith filled through the message of Jesus? Could today be your day? If you want to connect and discuss, I have contact information at the end of my most recent posts that you can use to connect with me. If today is your day I would be so honored to get to celebrate with you.
Take a Really Good Look
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” ‘John 8:6-7
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Ever been caught in a serious situation?
- Ever been a part of a serious situation?
- Ever been involved in a serious situation?
- Do you remember the drama of the situation?
- Do you remember the comedy of the situation?
- Imagine having been a part of what took place during today’s verse of the day.
- Where would your mindset be about the situation?
- What would your expectation been your response?
- Ever been used as an instrument to try and get someone else in trouble?
- Imagine being this lady being used as an instrument to test and accuse Jesus.
- Imagine being a part of the group with the stones in hand coming to Jesus.
- Imagine seeing Jesus bend over and start writing in the sand.
- How would you respond if He happened to write in the sand a word for a sin you were dealing with?
- How would you respond if He happened to write in the sand a word for an event or activity you were a part of?
- How would you respond if He happened to write something that was dear to you?
- How would you respond if He happened to write something that caused you to feel convicted?
- What do you think He was writing in the sand?
- What do you think He was thinking as He bent over and started to doodle?
- Do you think you would have wanted to be up front near Jesus when it was happening or do you think you would have stayed back?
- Can you imagine the fidgeting, the nervousness, the whispers, the nudges, when they noticed what He was writing?
- Do you think it changed their hearts and minds as He was writing their sins in the sand?
- Would it have challenged you to stop with the ordeal or would you have pressed harder for judgment?
- The reality that they didn’t bring the man who was caught with her is a bit suspect as adultery requires that two people be caught in the act.
- What do you think of Jesus’ challenge to the crew as they were demanding that she be stoned?
- What do you think after his doodling the men were thinking when He challenged them that the one who is without sin should cast the first stone?
- We know from God’s Word there is no such person.
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, — Romans 3:23
- How about you? Do you ever want people to pay for what they have done?
- Do you want people to pay more if the sin was specifically against you?
- What do you usually do? Do you have a stone in your hand too? Is it condemnation? Is it gossip?
- Are you just waiting for the right moment to let those words go? Sharing them with anyone and everyone who will listen and hear?
- Have you ever been convicted in those moments when Jesus writes out something you had done?
- Have you ever felt that check in your spirit where the Holy Spirit is trying to free you from these motives and behavior?
- Have you ever been faced by someone pointing out that what they did to you is no different from what you have or had done to someone else?
- We shouldn’t be about trying to get revenge! We should let that be in God’s hands! He is just and knows what is right and required!
- Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. — Romans 12:19
- So let’s turn to Jesus for wisdom and discernment and take a really hard look inside our hearts and minds before we act out towards others!
- With the analogy of today’s verse for our lives, maybe we need to put down the rock(s) and walk away!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- Is there anyone you’d like to stone today?
- What would Jesus write in the dirt if you stood in front of Him? How would you respond?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
“Some people find fault like there is a reward for it”― Zig Ziglar, Zig Ziglar’s Little Book of Quotes
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So where are you at today? Are you ready to hear it? Are you ready to see it? Are you ready to receive it? Are you seeking wisdom? Are you seeking direction? Are you seeking discernment? Are you seeking answers? Are you seeking forgiveness? Are you seeking freedom? Are you seeking faith? Are you seeking? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?