Will you trust Him enough to allow Him to fill you with hope? Will you trust Him enough to allow Him to fill you with joy? Will you trust Him enough to allow Him to fill you with peace in believing? Will you trust Him enough to fill you to overflowing? Will you trust Him enough to allow the Holy Spirit to fill you to the top and then to overflowing?
Today’s verse of the day from the Bible App puts it this way:
‘Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.’Romans 15:13
Looking at the Amplified version, we are able to get this extra piece of the puzzle:
‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you will abound in hope and overflow with confidence in His promises. ‘Romans 15:13
Will you trust God through the experiences of your faith? Will you trust God enough to allow His love to fill you to overflowing? His love that is patient. His love that is kind. His love that doesn’t envy. His love that doesn’t boast. His love that isn’t proud. His love that honors others. His love that serves others. His love that isn’t easily angered. His love that keeps no record of wrongs. His love that doesn’t delight in evil. His love that rejoices in the truth. His love that protects. His love that trusts. His love that hopes. His love that perseveres. His love that never fails.
Will you trust God with confidence in His promises? Forever?
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.’II Peter 3:9
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Ever considered Jesus’ return?
- My blog title comes from that beginning when I started to post in 2005 and the part of my reading at the time came from the book of Revelation.
- Ever imagined or considered that day? the power of it? the beauty of it? the majesty of it?
- Do you find it as mind blowing as me?
- Imagine seeing Him riding in on a horse on the clouds in a way where everyone on the earth will be able to see Him.
- Imagine seeing His believers joining Him in the heavens, both the living and those who have left their earthly lives.
- Imagine seeing Him coming as the warrior King that He is.
- Imagine seeing Him battle the devil and his alliance to finish it and take His throne in Jerusalem.
- Imagine such a time as the 1000 years of His rule all that will happen and take place.
- Imagine how different things will be, even in the natural world with visions of the lion laying with the lamb.
- Are you someone who is ready for Jesus’ return?
- What about all those other people who aren’t ready or haven’t decided yet?
- What about all those people who haven’t had a chance to hear about Jesus yet?
- God is patience and so Jesus is postponing His return in order to give others the chance to decide.
- To give them the opportunity to choose if they will receive the gift of grace or reject it.
- Who do you know that needs to turn to Jesus and receive Him as their Lord and Savior? What are you doing about it?
- What about all the others you don’t know? Jesus cares for them too! He wants everyone to turn to Him.
- Jesus’ timing is perfect! He is never early and never late!
- He knows there are still people who haven’t heard the Good News yet!
- He knows there are still people who haven’t put their trust in Him yet!
- He tells us though that it won’t be long!
- Are you ready for Jesus to return and make all the wrongs transformed and made right?
- Are you ready for Jesus to return and honor all His faithful people?
- Are you ready for Jesus to return and for His justice to rule throughout the world?
- Are you ready for Jesus to return and for His grace to rule the world?
- Are you ready for Jesus to return and for His priorities and plans to happen?
- Remember how Jesus tells us the story of the lost? Remember how important and how determined in each story finding the lost was?
- God is delaying judgment for sinners in order to help more lost people be found.
- God is delaying honoring the saints in order to help more lost people be found.
- Remember it is but a small price to pay in waiting for God’s perfect timing!
- Remember this small price to pay will provide forgiveness, peace, and joy for even more people!
- Remember the story about Lot and Abram and Sodom and Gomorrah? Remember in Genesis 18 when Abram kept asking God what if there were different numbers of righteous people. Remember God’s answers and replies?
- Remember why Jesus came the first time? Not to condemn the world but that through Him the world could be saved! (John 3:17)
- So are you ready? Are you helping others get ready? We don’t know the day or the time but we do know He is coming back!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- Do you long for Christ’s return? Why or why not?
- From your perspective, is the delay reasonable and fair?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So where are you at today? Are you ready to meet your maker? Are you ready to pursue after His plans, purposes, and will? Are you ready to turn back to Him today? Are you ready to trust Him and invite Him into your heart and your life? Are you ready to lead with love? Loving God and loving people? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?