Are you someone who takes hold of the words “pray without ceasing” and as such are living your life in total relationship with God? Are you someone who takes hold of the words “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness” and as such are always looking for God’s will and God’s way for your life? Are you someone who takes hold of the words “lean not on your own understanding, trust God” and as such in every situation you are looking for God’s will and God’s way for your life? Will you trust God with the big things? Will you trust God with the little things? Will you trust God with everything? How much of your life are you willing to share with or give to God?
God’s Will for Every Moment
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.’I Thessalonians 5:16-18
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- How emotional are you?
- Is your life a roller coaster of highs and lows?
- Is your life filled with hopes and expectations?
- Do you involve God through it all?
- Do you distant yourself from God during the highs?
- Do you draw closer to God during the lows?
- Do you stick with Him through it all?
- Are you someone who is relatively consistent?
- Are you missing out on the excitement of the ride called life by missing out on the highs and the lows?
- Are you missing out on the true joys of life?
- What is your make up? What does your personality look like? What does your emotional state look like?
- Do you realize no matter what it is, God’s will is to be with you through it all?
- Do you include Him in all aspects of your life in order to be able to rejoice with Him?
- Do you include Him in all aspects of your life in order to be in constant communication and prayer with Him?
- Do you include Him in all aspects of your life in order to be able to thank Him?
- Are you ready to experience true joy and let go of giving control to our emotions?
- Are you ready to experience true joy and allow your emotions into your situations?
- Are you ready to allow the joy of the Lord to be your strength no matter what circumstances come your way?
- Are you ready to allow yourself to consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds?
- Are you ready to allow your relationship with Jesus and connectedness with God to keep you from allowing circumstances to dominate your thoughts but instead focus on God’s grace, mercy, and love?
- Are you ready to focus on God’s kindness and forgiveness rather than life’s challenges which can seem unfair?
- Are you able to find contentment and be content in all circumstances? (like Paul?)
- Are you able to focus on God who is greater than your problems than on the problems themselves?
- Are you able to work with God to resolve the problem by casting your cares on Him rather than trying to handle it all on your own?
- Are you able to go beyond yourself and your circumstances and pray for and over others needs?
- Do you realize what you have so that in the good and the bad times you can be thankful to God?
- Are you able to be thankful for God’s presence, never leaving you and never abandoning you in the midst of what you are facing?
- Are you able to be thankful for God’s hope that is in your heart, because you know that with God all things are possible?
- Are you able to be thankful for God’s hope that is in your heart, because you know that God works all things for good?
- Let’s choose to allow God’s character to fill our minds today!
- Let’s choose to allow God’s character to fill our hearts today!
- Let’s choose to allow this everyday!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- Rate yourself on a scale of zero (zip) to ten (doing great, thank you!) in focusing on God during difficult times in your life.
- What are some situations you face today in which you need to rejoice, pray, and give thanks? What difference will it make?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
“The Bible does say, ‘Pray without ceasing’, but I don’t see where it says you have to stop working in order to pray. As a matter of act, I believe that anybody who can walk and chew gum at the same time can work and pray at the same time.”— Zig Ziglar
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So where are you at today? Do you trust God enough to include Him all the time? Do you include God through the highs and lows through rejoicing, praying, and giving thanks? Might you consider starting today? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?