Ever considered how in this world you will have troubles? Jesus warned us and at the same time gave us hope because also told us that in the midst of the troubles we can take heart because He has overcome the world! So how will you respond when troubles and trials come your way? Will you be able to remember the why and consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds? Let’s check out what we find in God’s Word about the why: (to try and get the most I am sharing the Amplified version)
‘Consider it nothing but joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you fall into various trials. Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing. ‘James 1:2-4
So we see that we are to consider the various trials we fall into nothing but joy. Why you might ask? Because we know that the testing of our faith through life experiences produces endurance and hence we persevere and in so we develop spiritual maturity and inner peace. But you might wonder why else? Because we know that when we let endurance through perseverance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, we will become perfect and completely developed in our faith and hence mature to the point of lacking nothing.
So are you ready to take on the challenge of troubles and take heart? Are you ready to take on trials of various kinds and consider them pure joy? Are you ready to become mature and lacking nothing by allowing your faith in Jesus to grow and develop through troubles and trials? Are you ready to live your life different from the world and shine your light and your hope through Jesus? Ever checked out other parts of God’s Word in the Bible to understand or discover what it takes and why it is important and possible? Are you interested and will you check out things like endurance, perseverance, joy, troubles, trials, and more through God’s Word in your own study? Why not wait on God and get a better understanding of the benefits?
Are you ready to give it a try and allow the joy of the Lord to be your strength in those times when you feel weak? Are you ready to allow the joy of the Lord to be your strength in the midst of trials and troubles so that you can live your life joyfully? Are you willing to live it out so that other can see that joy in you and ask what’s up with you? Are you willing to live it out so that others when they ask you how you can seem so joyful be ready to give an answer for the hope that is within you? Are you ready to get started today?
The Secret of Perseverance
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.’Isaiah 40:31
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Do you like to wait?
- Do you like to wait in line?
- Do you like to wait at a stop light?
- Do you like to wait for an answer?
- Do you like to wait to checkout?
- Is there anything you like to wait for?
- Is there anytime you like to wait?
- Do you look to shorten your wait by trying to pick the right line? The fastest moving? The shortest? etc?
- Does it bother you if you discover that you chose wrong?
- Does it upset you if you discover that you have to wait longer?
- Do you realize that waiting is part of God’s plan?
- Do you realize that waiting is a key piece to making sure you get to the right place at the right time?
- I waited through most of 2020 trying to understand and persevere through all the transitioning and changes, leaning on God and trusting in Him.
- It wasn’t fun and it wasn’t easy but when I got to the end of 2020 and was able to see the reason and the purpose and receive the gift of on final change of boss and job, it became clear.
- By waiting on God I was able to run and not be weary.
- By waiting on God I was able to walk and not grow faint.
- And at that right moment, God lifted me up.
- Focusing on how much bigger my God is than the challenges, troubles, struggles I was facing made a huge difference!
- Focusing on how God has a plan and was going to work what appeared to be evil and turn it around and use it for good made a huge difference!
- Focusing on how God has a plan and He was leading me down a path on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose made a huge difference!
- Focusing on how God’s goals for me through this time was for good and not for evil helped me endure and persevere through it all.
- My focus was on God’s character rather than my situation!
- My trust was on God was up to something rather than the world was going crazy.
- My hope was that God was working it all out for good because God is love!
- Waiting on God is always worth it!
- So let’s not try to grit our way through but instead let’s focus more on God!
- In the middle of the troubles and trials, let’s wait upon the Lord to renew our strength!
- In the midst of troubles and trials, let’s lean on Him, cast our cares on Him, and trust Him!
- Let’s remember God’s timing is perfect!
- Let’s remember God is love and light and there is no darkness in Him!
- Let’s remember God’s gracious purposes in His good and perfect timing!
- Let’s not grow weary in doing good!
- Let’s not lose hope in the midst of trials and troubles but instead take heart remembering that Jesus overcame the world!
- Let’s wait knowing that God is preparing something good!
- Let’s wait knowing that God is preparing people’s hearts for good!
- Let’s wait knowing that God is preparing situations for good!
- Let’s wait knowing that God is preparing us for good!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- Describe a time when you had to wait on God.
- What difference did it make (or will it make next time) for you to focus your heart on God’s character and trust His purposes while waiting?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So where are you at today? What is it you are facing or going through? Are you in the midst of a trial or troubles? Are you aware that you just went through it or it is coming up? Will you be ready for it? Are you ready to walk it out with God rather than trying to do it alone and in your own strength? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?