This morning as I was reading the book by Matthew Barnett called The Cause Within You: Finding the One Great Thing You Were Created to Do in This World and it spoke to filling a need, serving others, and doing and helping others in order to help find the passion and cause in you. God created each of us on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose! He created each of us to serve a cause! As I was thinking about where I have been serving and what I have been doing and how that might be pointing me to my cause, an idea came to me.
What is it that I do? What is it that I say are my priorities? How can this point me in the right direction?
- My wife
- My kids
Everything else comes after this.
How do I serve God? I live by example starting each day with God and publishing this blog ever since 2005 and until I reach eternity. I try to be the best husband I can to my wife. I try to be the best dad I can to my kids. I serve my church within the worship and arts department with the tech department. I serve at risk youth in the community by directing a camp for teens in the foster care system.
Ever realized how important it is to be a good example to your kids? Ever realized how important it is to love God and love your wife in order to be a good role model for your kids? Do you realize that this means we have to be the dads God created us to be? Ever realized that when we neglect our duties to be the dads it impacts not only our kids but the community we live in? Ever realized the impact of a missing dad on the next generation? Ever realized what you can do to help the next generation by being the dads God created us to be? Ever consider the difference it can make in the lives of so many lives by being the dads God needs us to be? So today, I am beginning the adventure to determine what it means to Be The Dads.
If you have ideas, let me know. If you have reasons, let me know. If you have opportunities, let me know. If you have data, let me know. If you want to join me on this adventure, let me know. Let’s connect through firstname.lastname@example.org!
Let’s Be The Dads!
Ever been going through something and then realized you skipped a page? I discovered that this morning as I looked at today’s date and realized that I had already posted about it. So looking at the book I realized I missed the 15th and 16th and am going back to the 15th for my post today. We are human and so we will make mistakes. Let’s own up to them so that we can be the dads God needs us to be!
ASK: Always Seek Knowledge
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. ‘Matthew 7:7
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- In this life we will have troubles but we can take heart because we don’t have to do it alone, we have Jesus and He has already overcome the world.
- Life will have trials of many kinds but we can consider them pure joy as we walk through them with Jesus because we know that the trials are testing our faith and that through these tests we build our perseverance. We also know that when perseverance completes its work we will be complete and lacking nothing!
- No, life won’t be like a cruise just because we become Christians, but because we have Jesus we will be able to make it through the troubles and the trials.
- Life is about serving others not about being served or waited on hand and foot.
- Life is about serving others not about bypassing having cares.
- When we have cares, we are to cast them on Jesus because He cares for us!
- When we have cares, we aren’t to be anxious for anything but rather we are to pray and supplicate to God!
- Let’s not allow the enemy of our soul to rob us of our joy because we are circumstances that are different from what we expected. Instead, let’s cling to Jesus who came that we may have life and life more abundantly, to the full!
- Let’s take on this challenge called life!
- Let’s not think of it as a joy ride or a sprint but more as a hike or a marathon!
- Let’s prepare for it!
- Let’s train for it!
- Let’s get ready for the twists and turns in the road ahead!
- Let’s take hold of the exciting parts!
- Let’s not lose hope or heart through the challenging parts!
- Let’s keep going and allow perseverance to be able to complete the work so that we can be complete and lacking nothing!
- Let’s walk it out with Jesus so that we can ask Him for wisdom and discernment!
- Let’s walk it out with Jesus so that we can ask Him for direction and instruction!
- Let’s walk it out with Jesus so that we can lean on Him in our weakness and His strength will be revealed!
- Let’s walk it out with Jesus so that we are connected and able to receive what we need when we need it!
- Let’s always seek knowledge!
- Let’s always seek wisdom!
- Let’s always seek courage!
- Let’s always seek His protection!
- Let’s do it with every step rather than every so often!
- Let’s decide to ASK – Always Seek Knowledge and wisdom from God and about God!
- Let’s choose to ASK in order to take advantage when opportunities come up and overcome obstacles when they come up too.
- Let’s ASK on the highest of highs and during the lowest of lows!
- Let’s ASK when we love what is going on!
- Let’s ASK when we are getting tired and feeling like quitting too!
- Let’s ASK when we are with others!
- Let’s ASK when we are all alone!
- Remember, let’s decide to ASK regularly, ASK often, ASK in all occasions!
- Let’s decide to tap into and stay connected to Jesus so that we can see through His eyes!
- Let’s decide to tap into and stay connected to Jesus so that we can tap into His heart and wisdom!
- Let’s walk out each step of each day with His wisdom, direction, and encouragement in pursuit of His purpose, His plan, and His cause for our lives!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- When you pray, what do you most often ask for?
- Take some time to ask God for knowledge and wisdom for today’s hike.
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So where are you at today? Have you found your purpose? Have you found your cause? Are you ready to receive it from God? Are you ready to go all in for it with God? Are you ready to ask God to help you find it, be it, with it? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?