As I started my day it was interesting to get the following verse as the Bible App’s Verse of the Day:
‘Jesus said to him, “[You say to Me,] ‘If You can?’ All things are possible for the one who believes and trusts [in Me]!” ‘Mark 9:23
Even as I saw that another verse that came to mind in needing to get it done and being setup for success was:
‘But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also. ‘Matthew 6:33
So when we are facing a challenge we need to make sure our focus isn’t on how big the challenge or problem or obstacle is but rather to focus on God and how much bigger and greater He is and what He desires and how He would want us to proceed. When we trust Him and pursue His purpose and believe in Him and put all our trust in Him rather than our own understanding, all things are possible. We may be new or our faith may be small but God’s Word tells us that even with a small amount of faith amazing things can happen:
‘And the Lord said, “If you have [confident, abiding] faith in God [even as small] as a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree [which has very strong roots], ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea’; and [if the request was in agreement with the will of God] it would have obeyed you. ‘Luke 17:6
So whatever it is that you are facing, whatever is needed to succeed, turn to God to get the instructions, guidance, and direction that will enable you to get it done!
Aligned to Achieve
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. ‘I John 3:22
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Do you think it requires rocket science to find success?
- Do you think it requires being a brain surgeon to find success?
- Do you think it requires quantum physics to be able to get it done?
- Do you realize that what is required for success and to get it done is to follow Jesus’ directions?
- Do you realize that we can find riches through Jesus’ promises?
- Do you realize that we can find rewards through Jesus’ promises?
- Are you ready to align your heart with God’s will? Are you ready to be obedient to God’s commands? Will you receive and accept Jesus’ instructions and direction in pursuit of His promises?
- Will you choose to live in the world but not of the world by pursuing and living out what you hear and find in God’s Word, the Bible?
- Ever considered what the Bible says? Ever considered what God is asking and demanding of us?
- Do you remember the 10 commandments from the Old Testament?
- Do you remember how Jesus said all the commandments could be summarized in the New Testament?
- Do you live out your life grabbing hold of the commands that we need to love? Love God and Love people? All the time?
- Do you live out your life grabbing hold of the commands to forgive and be forgiven?
- What about at home? What about at work? What about everywhere in between? Are you living a life of love? Are you living a life of forgiveness?
- God isn’t someone who only lives at church.
- God is omnipresent and so our relationship with Him should go everywhere we go and so our lives should reflect His love and forgiveness everywhere we go and into every life we come in contact with.
- So we shouldn’t be living out our today with resentments! Let’s choose to love and forgive!
- We shouldn’t be living out our today withholding affection! Let’s choose to love and forgive!
- We shouldn’t be living out our today blaming people! Let’s choose to love and forgive!
- Let’s not only receive and be filled with God’s love and forgiveness but also be vessels of love and forgiveness to the world around us! As we forgive others, God will forgive us!
- Let’s grab hold of God’s commands so that we know how to be and what to do in every relationship and situation!
- Let’s choose to live out our today in alignment and in accordance to His commands so that we can make choices and decisions that will touch God’s heart!
- Let’s choose to live out our today in ways that will put a smile on His face!
- Let’s remember God’s commands aren’t to hinder or harm us but they are to help us and are for our own good!
- Let’s remember God’s commands are to help expand His kingdom!
- So let’s choose to let His love flow through us into all those He send across our paths!
- Do you realize how much other people’s lives depend on our obedience?
- Our obedience to God’s commands both put a smile on God’s face and on the face of others!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- What are some commands God has for you today?
- Does making God smile motivate you to obey Him? Why or why not?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So where are you at today? What is it that you are facing? Do you know where to turn? Do you know what to do? Are you trying to lean on your own understanding too much? Why not trust in God instead? Why not pursue the answer His way? Why not be like David who even though the situation was similar went to God for wisdom and direction into how to address what He was facing? Will you turn to God rather than your own understanding? Will you seek His will through this situation? Will you not give up because you know that all things are possible with God? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?