How crazy do things need to get? How hard do things need to get? How far off course do things need to get? How many people need to get sick and tired of being sick and tired? How big of a revival would it take to be enough? How far left or right does it have to go? How many will stick to the straight and narrow for it to be enough? How long is it going to take for it to be long enough?
Are you going to be ready?
Are you going to be be 1 Peter 3:15 ready to give a reason or make a defense to anyone who asks you for the reason for the hope that is in you? Are you going to be for Jesus’ return? Don’t be caught off guard like the ladies who weren’t prepared for the wedding feast! Are you watching for the signs of the times so you will stay ready for Jesus’ return? What will you be thinking when the next earthquake hits? What will you think when the news of environmental crisis hits? What will you think as you hear about wars and rumors of wars? What will you think of when you notice corruption in the world and violence taking place everywhere? What will you think when you notice people seem more interested in pleasing themselves and start to live like the warnings of 2 Timothy 3:1-5? What will you think when you notice the financial woes as things start to devalue and everything you have been saving up with and for mount up to nothing as warned in James 5:3? What if the governments of the world just start printing and giving away money, creating huge debts and deficits? What will you think when you notice a world with diseases that cause health to fail and stress to increase? What if it resembled Luke 21:25-26? Don’t get distracted by the work of the devil and miss out on the signs of the times. What if the world started looking to and depending on governments and large pharmaceuticals instead of God for cures and simple remedies? What if it resembled the warning of Revelation 18:23? What if the devil’s goal is to weaken our physical and mental powers that allow us to resist him? What will you think as the amount of knowledge continues to increase? Do you or do we need more knowledge in order to be saved for eternity? Remember what God spoke to Daniel in Daniel 12:4? What will you think when you are confronted by false religious teachers and teachings? Are you prepared from reading God’s Word to be able to know and test what is being said and taught against the truth of God’s Word? Consider what it says in 2 Timothy 4:3-4, Revelation 14:8, and Matthew 24:5. Are people more interested in hearing what makes them feel better than what they need? Are people more interested in being a part of a great story than being told and taught the truth? What will you think when you are confronted with the mark of the beast? What if the only way to be able to live in society is if you have a sign, a paper, a symbol, a passport that marks you acceptable or approved to be able to participate? Consider the warnings of Revelation 13:16-17). What will you think when God’s Word is able to be shared and communicated to everyone in the world, so that everyone has and gets the opportunity to hear it and a time to decide to accept or reject it? Will people turn from their busy days long enough to hear it, receive it, accept it, and be saved? Consider what is shared and said in Matthew 24:14.
Are you ready? Do you know what you are looking for? Will you be encouraged when you start to spot the signs of the end times? Consider what it says in Luke 21:28 where it says: “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
‘“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”’Luke 21:25-28
So let us be ready today!
When will the End come?
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.’Matthew 24:13-14
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- What do you see when you take a look at the past?
- What have you learned from and through history?
- Do you grasp the highs and the lows?
- Do you consider the prosperity and the poverty?
- Do you consider the wealth and the famine?
- Do you consider the peace and the war?
- Do you consider the good and the evil?
- Are you aware of the past in order to avoid repeating it?
- Are you aware of the present?
- How quickly does the news fade from present to history?
- Does the news fade away?
- How will you handle it when history ends?
- How will you respond when we get to the conclusion?
- Are you ready for the change that will take place that day?
- Do you know your final destination?
- Are you ready for the promise?
- Are you ready for the threat?
- Are you focusing on making the most out of your today?
- Are you focusing on trying to understand every sign in order to identify and understand the end times?
- Are you reading God’s Word and being tantalized by it but not enough to fully get it?
- We don’t know the time the end will occur.
- How will you handle predictions?
- Does it help you live to the fullest?
- Does it help you live out each moment of each day?
- How are your choices, attitudes, and relationships shaping your today?
- How are your choices, attitudes, and relationships shaping the lives and eternity of those around you?
- Are you more focused on the end of the world than focusing on the reality of Jesus and how He has already paid the price?
- Are you ready if Jesus returns tomorrow?
- If He doesn’t come back tomorrow, will you live in a way to bring more people with you?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- Do you often think about “the end”, when Jesus returns? Why or why not?
- How would a stronger grasp of this future reality affect your choices today?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So are you ready? Are you wanting to get ready? Are you wanting to be ready? Are you ready to get started? Are you ready to get ready? Let’s pray
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?