We are all flesh and spirit. It is our decisions in the flesh that will make the difference to where we end up after this life on earth. Given the choice of eternity with God or apart from God what would you choose? Given the choice of eternity in Heaven or in Hell what would you choose?
So how will you choose to live this life on earth? Will you choose to make a decision that will bring you closer to God or further from God? Will you choose to make a decision that will bar you from Heaven or welcome you in with open arms?
We have all been created with freewill and as such we all get to choose for ourselves.
Would you consider choosing to invite Jesus into your heart today in order to open the door to eternity with God in Heaven? Some call it being saved and some may wonder what we are being saved from, to me it is saved from finding out in eternity that you are apart from God and having to spend eternity in Hell. Does it mean life will be easier? No, Jesus tells us that in this world we will have troubles and continues with a message of hope that we can take heart because He has overcome the world! Does it mean life will be trouble or trial free? No, we read in James how thanks to Jesus we can consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds because we know that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
The Amplified translation of James 1:2-4 puts it this way:
‘Consider it nothing but joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you fall into various trials. Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing. ‘James 1:2-4
So God is the God of the living, so how will you choose to live your life on earth and into eternity? The final destination is up to you, it’s a choice, a choice that you get to freely make. Choose wisely!
God of the Living
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’ ? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” ‘Matthew 22:31-32
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Are you fascinated with death?
- Are you curious about life after death?
- Are you curious about what happens after your last breath on this earth?
- Do you know if it is the end or not?
- Are you wondering if there is more after this life?
- Through Jesus, we are promised resurrection and life!
- Jesus has told us that believers who have died on this earth are alive right now!
- Jesus showed the power of the resurrection when He rose from the dead after paying the ultimate sacrifice on the cross so that we could be forgiven and the power of sin and death could be defeated!
- Death isn’t the end! Life conquers the grave through Jesus Christ!
- God reigns over the living! He reigns over the living on earth and in the life to come!
- Will you take hold of the promise?
- Will you walk in confidence because of the promise of Jesus?
- Will you live out this life with hope thanks to your faith in Jesus?
- Will you be ready when that day comes and your spirit leaves your body here on earth?
- Will your spirit enter into the presence of God? the angels? the believers who have gone before us?
- Are you ready to be more alive than ever?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- Why is it important to you that God is the God of the living and not of the dead?
- This world isn’t the finish or the end when we have Jesus as our Lord and Savior!
- There is a better destination yet to come!
- What do you look forward to in the next life?
- No more sorrow and no more pain
- Getting to live the rest of eternity filled with joy and getting to worship God face to face.
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
“The resurrection is not merely important to the historic Christian faith; without it, there would be no Christianity. It is the singular doctrine that elevates Christianity above all other world religions.”— Adrian Rogers
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So where are you at today? Are you ready to decide? Are you ready to move forward with a decision on your final destination? Are you wanting to consider or contemplate the final destinations more? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?