What does it take for you to accept something as true? What does it take for you to trust something as true? What does it take for you to credit something as being true? What does it take for you to stand firm that something is true?
Do you have to see it to believe it? Do you have to experience it to believe it? Do you have to hear it to believe it? Do you have to read about it to believe it?
What happens when you believe something? Do you act differently? Do you behave differently? Do you think differently? Do you respond differently? Do you think differently? Do you speak differently?
Do you realize the impact of your beliefs on your life? on your thoughts? on your behavior?
What do you believe? Is it sure or could it be changed? Is it based on solid footing? Is it impacting the way you are living your life? Is it impact the way you are interacting with others? Is it able to be put into practice? How are your beliefs impacting you and all of those around you?
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”’Matthew 21:22
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Do you realize the source of the power?
- Do you realize the where when it comes to the what?
- Do you pray because you believe in Jesus?
- Do you pray because you believe that God hears your prayers?
- Do you pray because you believe that God answers your prayers? Even if the answer happens to be No, Not yet, or Yes?
- Prayer isn’t a checklist item!
- Prayer is simply put a conversation with God!
- Prayer helps you connect with and build your relationship with God!
- Jesus helps us get started when He shares how to pray with us in Luke 11 when He provides us with a model for prayer:
- ‘Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.” So He said to them, “When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.”’ Luke 11:1-4
- God’s power is matchless!
- God’s love is limitless!
- So we can put our trust in Him!
- So when we ask, we must believe, as it says to us in James 1
- ‘But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.’ James 1:6-8
- Remember what we learned back in Matthew 7 about asking, seeking, and knocking?
- ‘“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.’ Matthew 7:7-12
- When we pray, it isn’t as much about how we say it but more about how much we love and trust and believe in Him!
- God wants to have an intimate relationship with you and so He wants to be able to have deep conversations with you where you trust and believe Him and in Him!
- When we pray, it isn’t as much about the emotional or emotions of the words but more about how much you love and trust and have faith in Him!
- Remember the power of faith, even as small as a mustard seed?
- Will you choose to seek first the kingdom of God so that God will give you the desires of your heart?
- Will you pray in a way that will honor God rather than trying to get yourself honored?
- Will you pray in a way that God is in control rather than trying to get or be in control?
- Are you willing to spend time in God’s Word in order to understand God’s desires, plans, and purposes for you and your life?
- Are you ready to hear from the Holy Spirit through such times in order to lead and guide you?
- Are you ready to pray out of relationship rather than out of demands?
- Are you ready to pray out of reverence rather than out of control?
- Are you ready to pray in a way that shows how much you believe and trust God? The shows your hope and faith in Him?
- Are you ready to pray in a way that acknowledges that God knows what is going on from every perspective and so you can believe and trust in Him?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- How would you define and describe “believing prayer”?
- What are some types of steps you can take today to develop a habit of praying this way?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So what do you believe? Do you believe it enough that you are getting to witness the fruits? Do you believe enough that it builds your faith? Is today your day to start believing? Let’s pray
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?