If someone were watching you, what would they see? If someone were learning from you, what would they discover? If someone were following you, where would they end up? Are you being a good role model? Are you setting a good example? What would others learn from observing you?
Are you teaching them how to serve? Are you teaching them how to love? Are you teaching them how to live? Are you teaching them how to lead? Are you giving them a good example of a servant leader? Are you teaching them how to follow Jesus? Are you teaching them how to trust Jesus? Are you teaching them how to hope with Jesus? Are you teaching them how to have a relationship with Jesus? Are you leading by example?
A Fate worse than death
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
““Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.”Matthew 18:6 NKJV
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- How are you living your life when it comes to those God brings across your past?
- How are you living your life when it comes to the outcasts and the oppressed?
- Are you overflowing in the love of God that is and has been poured into you?
- Are you able to overflow in tenderness and kindness?
- Are you able to stand up for those who can’t standup for themselves?
- Are you able to stand up against those who are hurting or holding them back?
- Are you able to take a stand against the proud in order to protect the powerless?
- Are you able to stand firm in order to support the poor?
- Are you more focused on receiving than giving?
- Are you more focused on receiving Jesus’ promises than living a life that is aligned with His commandments and warnings?
- Will you be someone who overflows the love, the abundant ness, the peace, and the joy of God into the lives of others?
- Will you be someone who protects against those who mislead, wound, or take advantage of helpless people?
- Will you be someone who protects the children in alignment with God’s righteousness and fierce justice instead of having to receive it and deal with it for having mislead, wounded, or taken advantage of the children?
- Don’t be found to be an abuser who would be better off drowned in the ocean!
- Turn to Jesus! Ask Him to help you to get into alignment with Him and to forgive and help you be born again!
- Are you in a position of power? Then you need to heed Jesus’ warning!
- When you encounter children, poor people, displaced people, employees who serve under you, and anyone else you have authority over, you need to handle it as a sacred trust from God!
- Remember we report to God and He is the final judge!
- We will have to give Him an answer for our attitudes!
- We will have to give Him an answer for our behavior!
- So don’t ignore them!
- Don’t use them for selfish gain!
- Don’t make jokes at their expense!
- Don’t take them for granted!
- Let’s listen and walk in obedience to God’s instruction!
- Let’s decide and choose walk out our lives in relationship with Jesus!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
- Who are the people in your life who are “little ones”?
- What are some specific things you need to change to value them more highly?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
”If Christ lives in us, controlling our personalities, we will leave glorious marks on the lives we touch. Not because of our lovely character, but because of His.”— Eugenia Price
So are you ready to lead by example? Are you ready to leave a legacy? Are you ready to make a difference in the lives God brings your way? Are you ready to make a difference? Let’s pray:
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?