Do you know Him or just about Him? Do you think He is only the god of somethings or the God of all things? Do you think He is only the god sometimes or the God of all times? Do you think He has power sometimes or He is powerful all the time? Do you read about Him or do you spend time and talk with Him? Do you believe in God or have you received God? Even the demons believe in God and tremble. Are you willing to make time and take time to meet with God in order to know Him better? Are you willing to be in a relationship that continues and gets deeper over time? Are you ready to receive Him into your heart?
Today might you seek God with all of your heart, your mind, and soul? We learn through God’s Word how we will find Him when we seek Him with all of our heart, mind, and soul! Will you choose to love God with all of your heart, all of your soul, and all of your mind? (Check out Matthew 22:37 and Deuteronomy 6:5)
It’s not about a transactional experience but rather a relationship! You can’t do enough things to make your way into heaven and spend eternity with God! To be saved and enter into God’s presence requires that we choose to receive the gift of grace and forgiveness through Jesus Christ! We are saved by grace through faith, not by works so that nobody can boast! We don’t stop at meeting Jesus, that is just the beginning! We need to stay connected to Jesus just as the branches are connected to the vine! We need to stay connected so that Jesus can flow into our lives and we can produce good fruit! We need to stay connected to Jesus as the branches so that God the Father is able to prune us and help us to become more fruitful! (Check out the importance of this in John 15). Let’s stay connected so that we can know God more and more and better and better. When we stay connected then we produce the fruit of good works! Works don’t save us but works demonstrate our faith! Put another as we see in James 2 faith without works is dead! (Check out James 2:17 and James 2:26)
Do you talk to God when you wake up? Do you talk to God throughout your day? Do you talk to God before you go to sleep? Do you dream dreams or have visions? Do you know God or just about God? Are you aware of God? Are you familiar with God? Are you informed of God? Are you grounded in God? Are you conversant with God? Are you cognizant of God? are you in the know about God? Are you plugged into God? Are you a friend of God?
Do you want to be a friend of God like Abram?
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.James 2:23
Do you want to be a friend of Jesus like the disciples?
‘ No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends. You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do. I do not call you servants (slaves) any longer, for the servant does not know what his master is doing (working out). But I have called you My friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father. [I have revealed to you everything that I have learned from Him.]’John 15:13-15
So will you live your life as a living sacrifice to God because you are His friend? Will you continually worship God to demonstrate that you are His friend? Will you make time, take time, and prioritize your time with God to demonstrate that you are His friend? Will you be a servant to God and to others like Jesus demonstrated through His life in order to demonstrate that you are His friend? Will you give yourself fully to the work of the Lord to demonstrate you are His friend? Will you give generously to demonstrate your are God’s friend? Will you inspire faith in others in order to demonstrate that you are His friend? Will be in a mode of continuous learning of God’s Word, God’s will, God’s plans and purposes in order to demonstrate you are His friend? Will you intercede for others as a way of showing that you are a friend of God?
Will you be loyal and dependable to God? Will you come into agreement with God in order to be a close friend and allow Him to be your close friend? Will you confide in God and allow Him to confide in you as His friend?
How much will you trust God? Are you willing to get acquainted fully to Him in order to be able to trust Him fully?
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘O Lord , You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways.’Psalms 139:1-3
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- God searches our hearts and knows us better than we know ourselves
- God digs deep in order to know our hearts
- God searched and dug into our hearts in order to know us because He cares for us. He loves us so much that He gave us Jesus!
- God had dug so deep that He knows us to our very core.
- God has never left us nor abandoned us, He is closer than you think, will you invite Him into your very situation?
- God cares so much that He desires for us to cast our cares on Him!
- God knows everything and sees everything – our every thought, our every word, and our every action is known by Him!
- We are exposed to God! Nothing is hidden from Him!
- Be in relationship with God! There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!
- God knows us intimately and completely!
- God combines that knowledge with grace, forgiveness, and love!
- Do you realize that He knows us, He forgives us for being selfish and making poor decisions, He sees everything we do, He knows everything we think, and yet because He loves us He never turns away in disgust!
- So take hold of His grace which become so evident when we realize His omniscience!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
How do you feel when you realize that God sees and knows everything about you?
- Helps me to think about my thoughts when being tempted and ask for wisdom and try to do life in a way that will glorify Him.
- Helps me to turn back and ask for forgiveness quickly when I mess up.
- I feel convicted when I miss the market which is much better than feeling condemned which is the lie the devil tries to peddle when I mess up.
How does a fresh grasp of His omniscience give you a new appreciate for His grace?
- I am thankful that Jesus paid it all, once for all, His blood covers all my sins (even the ones I haven’t committed yet)
- God is so good! I am so thankful for His love letter that is the Bible!
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
“There is tremendous relief in knowing His love to me is utterly realistic, based at every point on prior knowledge of the worst about me , so that no discovery can disillusion him about me , in the way I am so often disillusioned about myself, and quench his determination to bless me.”― J.I. Packer, Knowing God
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So do you know God? Do you want to know God? Are you ready to start the journey of developing a real friendship with Him today?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together:
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?