So what kind of fruits are you producing as part of your preparation, execution, and delivery? Have you had to out on a limb and take a risk to be able to get that fruit and desired results? Have you been prompted by God to do something and are waiting on him for the timing? Don’t sit idle but instead get prepared for the moment when He says “Go”, similar to the training of an Olympic sprinter who has run, stretched, weight lifted, watched tape, worked with a trainer, sitting in the blocks and perfectly lined up waiting for the starting pistol to go off and he will explode into action. Are you ready to go? Are you trained up? Are you filled up? Are you in shape? Are you mentally ready? Are you physically ready? Are you emotionally ready? When God says “Go” and the starting pistol goes off, are you going to explode into action or did you think that when you would start? Let’s be prepared! Let’s not get left behind! Let’s be ready in and out of season! Let’s not be surprised or confused by the starting pistol going off but instead let’s be training and preparing for what God is asking us to do. Let’s be willing to risk pursuing God’s direction, instruction, and path so that we are ready and able to produce good fruit and the results that are worthy of His calling!
God created each of us on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose! God created us to be agents of transformation and so we need to do our part daily! We need to be prepared and aware so that when those moments show up we are ready to take them and do our part to impact the lives of others in meaningful ways. By being prayed up, read up, and filled up, we are able to be ready to accomplish the miraculous in and through God’s power for the glory of His kingdom, transforming lives, sharing love and the truth to everyone God puts on our path!
Are you ready to start today? Are you ready to get going now before it is too late? Are you ready to go before time runs out? Our days are numbered, so let’s make the most of them! Let’s make today count! Let’s not only solidify our final destination but also be willing to help others in finding their final destination too!
Are you ready? Are you in action? Are you producing results? Are you producing good fruit?
Time is running out
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.’Psalms 90:12
As I looked at today’s verse it pointed me to 2 additional verses to consider:
If only they were wise and would understand this and discern what their end will be!Deuteronomy 32:29
Show me, LORD, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is.Psalm 39:4
So let’s take hold of our today since tomorrow isn’t guaranteed and let’s make the most of it! This is the day that the Lord has made, let’s rejoice and be glad in it! Yesterday is gone! Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed! So let’s make today count! Happy Today!
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Ever noticed how quickly time goes by?
- Time can even seem to go quicker when you are having fun.
- Ever noticed how as you get older time seems to accelerate?
- God is outside of time! I remember considering the multiple dimensions and how God living outside of the ones I can consider and imagine is able to reach into our lives at 90 degrees and do the miraculous in and through our lives.
- God is eternal!
- To God a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day!
- So don’t despair with the limited time you have but rather seek God for wisdom in how best to use the time you have!
- Let’s value the time we have and make the most of every moment!
- Let’s make the most of every moment of every day!
- Let’s value each moment we have!
- Making the most of each moment of each day doesn’t mean we have to fill every second of every day.
- Instead, let’s choose to live our lives on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose, knowing that our lives matter, they count for something!
- Let’s make choices in what we will speak, do, and rest in alignment with God’s plan for our lives!
- Let’s make our lives count to God rather than trying to do things for earthly gain!
- Yes, life is short but life is full of meaning!
- Yes, life is short but life is full of love!
- Yes, life is short but life is full of hope!
- The more we can take hold of God’s wisdom as we consider our time here on earth, the best we can live out each moment of each day to His praise, His honor, and His glory in Jesus’ name.
- Let’s choose to live out our lives for Jesus’ purposes rather than on empty pursuits that won’t last till eternity and in the big picture won’t matter!
- Let’s put and keep Jesus in the and at the center of our lives!
- In so doing, we can make every aspect of our lives count and matter, be it when we are active or we are resting, be it when we are hard at work or taking a break, be it when we are serving or being served, be it when we we are engaging with people or disengaged, be it when we are in conversation or being quiet, let’s make our time matter!
- Let’s follow Jesus’ example!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What does it mean to “number our days”?
- To be aware that our time on earth is limited
- To make our days and time we have here matter and make a difference
- To live out our lives to the full rather than allowing time to waste away
What does (or would) the fruit of a “heart of wisdom” look like in your life?
- Being purposeful with our time
- Giving our schedules into God’s hands so that our time and efforts can be used for His greater purpose
- Putting God at the center in order that we don’t lose focus and are prepared to produce good fruit in the right season!
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
Will you choose to align with God and pursue His plans and ways for your life? Will you be ready to answer the call put upon your life? Will you decide before your time runs out?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together:
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?