Do you realize the importance of acknowledging others? Do you realize the importance of expressing how valued others are? Do you realize the importance of telling someone you appreciate them? Do you realize the importance of telling someone they did good? Do you realize the importance of celebrating victories with others? Do you realize the importance of celebrating milestones with others? Do you realize that you have a part to play in making sure that everyone in the group is appreciated for the work they do?
So what can you do about it? How can you bless someone today? Now that you know you can’t say you didn’t. Some may think that ignorance is bliss because if you don’t know something then you don’t have to worry about it. Worry changes nothing but prayer changes everything! God doesn’t want us to worry, God wants us to cast our cares upon Him because He cares for us! With all the technology, all the social media, all the broadcast technology that is taking place, it can be a choice to not know. When you think of the word ignorance what comes to mind? Is it any of these words?
incomprehension, unawareness, unconsciousness, inexperience, innocence, unfamiliarity with, lack of enlightenment about, lack of knowledge about, lack of information about, cluelessness, nescience, lack of knowledge, lack of education, unenlightenment, benightedness, lack of intelligence, unintelligence, stupidity, foolishness, idiocy, denseness, brainlessness, mindlessness, slow-wittedness, thickness, dimness, dumbness, dopiness, doziness
So why not turn to God and ask Him for wisdom and discernment? Why not turn to God rather than trying to stick your head in the ground in order to avoid the world? Why not turn to God for health and protection rather than avoiding the opportunity to accomplish His will and plans for your life? Take time to hear from God so that you know the what, the why, the how, the who, the where, and the when and then step up and step out boldly and with courage knowing that God has you protected to get it done His way!
So now that you know how important it is to bless someone, what will you do today? Will you be on the watch to catch someone doing something that you can recognize them for? Will you be on your guard to find something good that your team, your family, and your friends have done? Will you take a half hour to express it?
You are blessed in order that you can be a blessing to others! God blesses you so that you can bless others!
Ignorance is no excuse
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘If you say, “Surely we did not know this,” Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds?’— Proverbs 24:12
As I read this and want to learn more, I took a look at the Amplified translation and it goes like this:
‘ If you [profess ignorance and] say, Behold, we did not know this, does not He Who weighs and ponders the heart perceive and consider it? And He Who guards your life, does not He know it? And shall not He render to [you and] every man according to his works?’— Proverbs 24:12
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Don’t make an excuse about it!
- Will you take accountability for what you have or haven’t done?
- Will you take responsibility for your mistakes?
- Will you stop blaming or pointing fingers at others?
- Don’t make up stories to try and make it look like you didn’t have a choice!
- God is gracious!
- God is forgiving!
- God is also omniscient and omnipresent, so nothing goes unseen!
- God didn’t miss or not see what happened! God didn’t miss or not know your thoughts!
- God knows what we know!
- God knows what our motives are!
- God is able to take all of that knowledge into consideration when evaluating our responsibility, our guilt, and our accountability!
- We each will get to give an account for our choices and actions!
- We each will get to be before the throne of God who is just and gracious and have to deal with the evaluation of our behaviors that will either be rewarded or not!
- What is your conscience telling you to do?
- How did you respond when your conscience told you to do or not do something?
- What does the scripture tell you to do?
- How did you respond when the scripture told you to do or not do something?
- Are you reading God’s Word? Are you meditating on God’s Word? Are you living in alignment and accordance to God’s Word?
- How did you respond when your Christian friends told you to do or not do something?
- Are you spending time with them or other friends instead?
- How did you respond to the Holy Spirit when He told you to do or not do something?
- Will you listen?
- What would it take for you to listen to such godly guidance?
- Will you take accountability for what you have done?
- Will you avoid making up excuses?
- For Christians, the day of reckoning will evaluate our deeds and motives as believers and have to give an account and no excuse will work!
- For Christians, the day of reckoning isn’t about the judgment of heaven or hell.
- Let’s do our part to be able to hear on that day “Well done, good and faithful servant“
- Let’s enter into the joy of God!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Why is it so easy to make excuses instead of taking responsibility?
- Redirects the judgment
- Tries to show that there wasn’t a choice
- Don’t want to take the blame
What needs to change so that standing before Christ will be a joy for you?
- Stay grounded in Jesus through His Word in Scripture, Christian friends, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit
- Decide to be accountable and take responsibility now for what we have done and turn back to God and ask for forgiveness!
- Decide to ask God before you act and then obey
- Decide to do what God says through the Bible and the Holy Spirit
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So are you ready to express it? Are you ready to make the decision? Are you ready to get it done?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together:
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?