What’s going on in your life today? Are you burning the candle at all four ends? That’s right, I said four. Do you realize how hard and bad things can get when you are burning the candle on both ends? Imagine if you lit the middle of it, now you have it burning on all four ends which means it is going to burn up even quicker. Is it causing you troubles? Is it causing you to struggle? Is it causing you to become stressed? Do you know what to do? Do you know what you can do? Do you know where to turn? Do you know how to get help?
There is a key to this problem. His name is Jesus! Just a few days back we had a post where the verse was about coming to Jesus all those who are weary. There was another recent post about casting our cares on Jesus because He cares for us! Jesus warns us and encourages us when it comes to being troubled and how we can take heart! So when you are feeling troubled, are you willing to take heart? When you are starting to struggle, are you willing to turn to Jesus? When you are starting to get stressed, are you willing to cast your cares on Jesus?
Need someone to talk to about it? Scroll to the end of this post as I have shared some contact information so that you can reach out to me if you would like. We can share life. We can pray together. We can invite Jesus into your very situation. We can put Jesus in the center and allow Him to help us through it. We had a post recently about getting connected with Jesus and walking out this life with Him! If you are willing, He is able! God is bigger than any troubles we will face! God is bigger than any struggle we can go through! God is bigger than anything that can cause us stress! We just need to choose to invite Him in! Are you willing? He’s able! Are you ready to trade your sorrows and your pain for the joy of the Lord? Are you willing to receive a peace that surpasses all understanding? Jesus is ready to make the trade! Are you willing to give it up?
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord ’s counsel—that will stand.’— Proverbs 19:21
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- What is really important? What are you focusing on?
- People are what is most important to God. People are the only things that will go into eternity and God desires that they will choose to spend eternity with Him.
- Stuff will burn up and fade away.
- Things won’t last the test of time.
- Are you currently focusing on taking the world by storm? Is it for something important? Will it impact lives?
- Are you currently focusing on trying to understand how you go to this point? Are you focusing on what is important? Will it impact lives?
- Are you focusing on building a legacy? Is it a legacy that is based on what is important? Will it impact lives?
- How do you know if it is important? How do you know if it is really important? Do you have a consultant or counselor who can let you know for sure?
- Why not bring it to God so that the you can be focusing on what is important to God and receive the Lord’s counsel!
- Are you struggling because you are dealing with the urgent without realizing if it is important?
- Are you troubled because you are dealing with the fire drills of urgency rather than the things that are truly important?
- Are you stressed because of all the things that are claiming to be urgent rather than being able to focus on doing what is important?
- Remember how in our younger years how everything seemed so urgent?
- Remember how that caused us to rush from place to place, event to event, activity to activity without being able to enjoy the journey between them?
- Do you realize that we need a higher authority to help in deciding importance vs urgency? Do you realize it may mean we don’t have the answers? Do you realize that it may mean our friends don’t have all the answers?
- Are you ready and willing to turn to God for answers? Are your ready and willing to turn to His Word for instruction and direction? Are you ready to measure these things we thought were so important up against what the Word of God has to say through scripture?
- Are you ready to find out which things seemed important aren’t in God’s eyes?
- Are you ready to find out which things seemed trivial are vital in God’s eyes?
- Are you ready to start measuring using God’s measuring stick rather than what the culture is saying is important?
- Are you ready to take hold of the difference between something that is central rather than the smaller things?
- Over the years the topic of First Things First has come up many times in my life. From the audiobook on cassette playing in my car, to the book I picked up, to what God has spoken into and over my life since making the decision back in 2001 to receive and begin a relationship with Him. And the number of times I have included or written about it through this blog.
- We need to discover God’s purposes
- We need to pursue God’s purposes
- We need to pursue God’s purposes with the passion of all of our hearts
- We need to make our plans follow after God’s leading
- We can then determine to live a life of plans according to His purposes that will produce good fruit and positive impact that will last and stand the test of time for the praise, the honor, and the glory of God in Jesus’ name.
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What are somethings most people think are really important today?
- Jobs and Titles
What does God say is really important? How do your pursuits match up with God’s purposes?
- Producing Good Fruit
- Filled with the Holy Spirit
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So do you know God? Will you trust God? Will you cast your cares on Him because He cares for you? Will you receive the gift of love and the gift of grace through Jesus today? What would it take for you to turn to God? What would it take for you to give it up to God? What would it need to be for you to stop running away from God and turn back to God? How crazy would things need to get? How crazy would things need to be? Is today your day? Do you want to turn back before you hit rock bottom? Do you want to turn back before things start twirling out of control? Why not stop and invite Jesus into your very situation today?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together:
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?