Do you realize how important it is to love others with your time? Do you realize how important it is to bless others with your time? Do you realize how important it is to build relationship and make connections with your time?
Our time on this planet is finite and so we have to be good stewards of it. Imagine when you look at your calendar how much you could do to make an impact on and in the lives of others in just 30 minutes. Imagine showing your love for God and for others by actively doing something for others. Imagine blessing others with your time by making time to check in on them and help them if and when they have a need. Imagine making time to connect with not only your inner circle of friends but others God puts on your heart to check in on and share life together with. Do you realize that your half hour might be the difference maker that day? Do you realize that God put that person in your mind or on your heart because He needs you to be His hands and arms extended for that person? Do you realize you reaching might be the one thing that helps them realize they are important and are valued? Do you realize your tone and words could be the turning point in their lives and help them realize they are not alone? How will you use your 30 minutes today? How many 30 minute blocks are there for you to impact the lives of others? Will you make the time or waste the time? Will you use it or lose it? The choice is yours! How many people need your voice, your connection, your love, and your blessings today? Will you choose to be the one? Will you choose to care? Will you choose to share? Will you choose to dare? This is the day that the Lord has made so let’s rejoice and be glad in it! Be aware of your surroundings! Watch for those God would have you start, build, strengthen relationships with today!
Walk with Integrity
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘He who walks with integrity walks securely, But he who perverts his ways will become known.’— Proverbs 10:9
The Amplified translation says it this way:
‘ He who walks uprightly walks securely, but he who takes a crooked way shall be found out and punished.’— Proverbs 10:9
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- How do you live your life?
- Does it matter who is watching?
- Do you live your life the same when people are and aren’t watching?
- Do you do the right thing even when nobody is watching?
- Do you live behind a mask of lies?
- With the pandemic and so many people wearing masks, we know how it hides things, what about the masks we can’t see that people may have been wearing for years?
- What are you scare of people finding out and hence your reason for wearing a mask?
- Are you willing to live the truth?
- Are you willing to live a life of integrity? Even when it gets hard?
- Last weekend in the message about Stephen, we learned about his integrity but we also witnessed falsehoods being said about him and his stoning and death.
- Some stay on track and occasionally fall off with lies but others have lied so much that they aren’t sure of the truth anymore.
- Do you have the treasure of a clear conscience?
- Are you able to live with the peace that surpasses all understanding because you live with integrity?
- Are you committed to living a life of and with integrity?
- Are you letting Jesus clean up your heart?
- Are you letting Jesus clean up your mind?
- Are you living your life with the reality that God sees everything?
- Are you living your life with a quick return to God when you get tripped up?
- Are you ready to do the right thing because you know that God always sees what you are doing?
- Are you living your life in relationship with God and so can hear the Holy Spirit’s still quiet voice when you start to stray or go off track?
- We are human and so we aren’t perfect and so there will be times when we go off track.
- When we do we are faced with a decision. Will you ignore and reject it, turning away from God? Will you accept and admit it and turn back to God?
- Do you take hold of God’s forgiveness and forgiving power in those moments?
- God knows everything we do – what we watch or see, what we do, and even what we are thinking.
- So let’s take hold of today’s memory verse and choose to walk with integrity!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What happens to you and your relationships when you try to wear a mask to hide your sin?
- causes fear and worry of being found out
- causes anxiety and missteps
- it makes conversations hesitant or shallow
What would it (or does it) take for you to live with a clear conscience?
- give it – whatever it happens to be this time – over to God and ask for forgiveness
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
How will you choose to use your time? Will you choose to spend it or lose it? Will you choose to use it or have it taken away from you? Will you use it wisely and with integrity? Will you use it to bless others? Will you use it to love others? Will you use it to build connections with others? Will you use it to build connections and relationship with God?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together:
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?