What comes to mind when you think of renewable energy? Is it energy that will last forever? Is it energy that naturally replenishes itself? Is it things like sun, wind, rain, tides, waves, and geothermal heat? But what happens on a cloudy day? What happens on a day when the air feels stagnant? What happens on hot overcast days? Are they renewable because of anything we do? Are they renewable because of how God created the world? So is the reality of the energy we use that they are created by God? But how long will they last? God will last forever and His power is everlasting. When the end times comes and things happen which could, would, and will probably destabilize the energy of the world, God’s everlasting power will remain. So if the earth is the Lord’s and everything in it and every type of energy we use is from God, then shouldn’t we look to be good stewards no matter if the energy is “renewable” or not? Shouldn’t we be more focused on the creator of the energy than the energy itself? Shouldn’t we be singing and praising God rather than idolizing the things He created? Do you want temporary energy or everlasting power? The choice is yours and it requires that you make a decision. As I typed the words temporary energy I thought to how our bodies respond to various stimuli like caffeine and sugar and how there can be a crash afterwards. We need to be looking to have sustainable energy to help us live out our lives to the fullest. We need to have sustainable energy to allow us to not give up when we are going through life. So let’s consider inviting Jesus into our lives and our situation because He came that we could have life and life the fullest! Let’s not look to divide and fight for that is of the devil who comes to rob, to kill, and to destroy! Will you choose the side that will last or the side that is temporary? Will you choose the side that is everlasting or the side that transient? Will you choose the side that is good or the the side that is bad? Will you choose to live life to the fullest or to be robbed, killed, and destroyed? The choice is yours! The decision is in your hands! It will determine your final destination!
The Power of the Lord
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘Be exalted, O Lord , in Your own strength! We will sing and praise Your power.’— Psalms 21:13
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- How big do you think God is? Do you realize He is larger than what you think? Do you realize that He is able to infinitely more than we could ever ask or imagine? Do you realize God is bigger than our problems?
- God is greater and more powerful than we can imagine.
- God is so powerful that He spoke and things happened. Remember in Genesis 1 when:
- ‘Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day. Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. So the evening and the morning were the third day. Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. So the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.” So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” So the evening and the morning were the fifth day. Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.’ — Genesis 1:3-31
- When He spoke to create the universe, we don’t even know how big that is yet, He spoke on that first day and set the universe in motion.
- It is impossible to comprehend how big the universe it, how many stars there are out there and yet God told Abraham that his family be bigger than the number of stars in the sky.
- Astronomers over the years have counted stars and yet the number keeps getting bigger. Ptolemy counted 1056 stars, with a 1″ telescope we can see 225,000 stars, with a 100″ telescope it increases to 1.5 billion stars, with a 200″ telescope we can see 100 billion galaxies which each have approximately 100 billion stars each. And yet God’s power is greater!
- The number of stars seen with the 200″ telescope compares to the number of grains of sand on every shore of every beach throughout the entire world. Remember when Abraham compared the size of Abraham’s family to the number of grains of sand on the earth?
- So with such a great and powerful God, will you trust Him?
- With such a good and merciful God, will you trust Him?
- Can you take a hold of how great and power, good and merciful God is in order to be able to trust Him?
- Will you have such a great trust in God because of His greatness?
- Will your faith be so large, so powerful, so great because of how great God is?
- Will you trust Him with every decision?
- Will you trust Him with every circumstance?
- Will you trust Him with every situation?
- Will you trust Him with every relationship?
- Will you trust Him with your own purpose and plans?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
How does it affect our capacity to trust God when we see Him only as a kind of superman instead of infinitely great and good?
- If God was only superman then He wouldn’t be invincible because there would be a kryptonite to stop Him.
- If God was only superman then He wouldn’t be able to be everywhere at the same time.
- If God was only superman then He would be limited in time and space and not be super everywhere, superman is super because of our sun. God is super no matter what.
- If God was only superman then He wouldn’t be good all the time.
- God is good all the time and all the time God is good!
What aspects of your life could benefit from a refreshed trust in the God of infinite power and grace?
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So today you get to choose what will be your power source. Today you get to choose in whom you will put your trust. Today you have the opportunity to decide.
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together:
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?