It requires connection to God. Are you willing to spend time daily in God’s Word? Are you willing to try and help others? Are you willing to give? Do you realize the benefits? Do you realize how pouring out yourself opens the door for God to pour into you? Do you realize how taking time to connect with God through His Word will help fill you up? Do you realize how making time to pray and reflect with God on His abilities and His provision can bring hope and you can reflect on His plan which is to give us a hope and a future.
There are 3 verses today that come to mind whenever I feel troubled. (1 of them came up in my reading of the book The Power of a Half Hour by Tommy Barnett)
‘ I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]’— John 16:33
‘ Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations. Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience. But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.’— James 1:2-4
‘ Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance. And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation. Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us.’— Romans 5:3-5
So don’t lose hope, put your trust in God!
Commit to Connect
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
‘For she said to herself, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.” ‘— Matthew 9:21
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Have you heard stories?
- Have you had one of those moments where hope is reignited?
- Have you been suffering or carrying that weight for so long that you have started to lose hope?
- Have you tried everything in your own power to try and fix it?
- Has your suffering, your feelings, and your connections hurt more than helped?
- Are you battling between hope and shame?
- Is there one thing though that rekindles the hope you needed and so you won’t stop for anything from getting connected and finding a renewed and living hope?
- What if all it would take was a touch?
- What if all that it would take would be to make a connection?
- What if that connection would transform the rest of your life and bring a hope you had thought was long gone?
- What if that one touch would be enough to get the spark of hope and transform your life?
- Would you be willing to reach out and just touch it?
- Do you realize how much Jesus loves you?
- Do you realize that He knows what you are going through?
- Do you realize that He loves you so much just the way you are and loves you too much to leave you there?
- Ever tried to fly under the radar? To remain anonymous?
- Do you realize that you aren’t anonymous to God? Do you realize Jesus knows your name?
- Would you be willing to make a connection with Him and have your life transformed?
- What if it was going to mean the beginning of a real relations?
- Are you ready to start a real relationship with Jesus?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What’s the difference between really connecting with Jesus and going through the motions of church and other religious activities?
- It is the difference between rituals and routines compared to having a real relationship!
- Jesus felt the power leave Him and rather than just let it go, He turned around to connect with the lady in order that there would be a real relationship.
- Connecting with Jesus is about making and taking time to spend with Him!
- It is not the works or the acts that save us, Jesus paid that price in full already!
- Now our faith and relationship with Jesus will overflow into us performing works and acts that glorify God!
What are some ways you can reach out to connect with Jesus today?
- Read God’s Word
- Pray and have conversation with Jesus
- Invite Him into all of your day and talk to Him throughout the day
- Invite Him into your heart as your Lord and Savior!
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
“Hope is the foundational quality for all of life.”— Alfred Adler
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So are you looking for hope today? Are you willing to get connected and find hope? Would you like some new hope? What if you could have a living hope? How about a hope beyond your circumstances?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together:
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?