Imagine being a kid who never really liked language classes (English, French), never liked reading, never liked writing and yet got by thanks to some patient and incredible teachers. They taught me things that stuck even though at the time it may have felt like it wasn’t sticking. I realized when I got to university and took an English class that felt real basic (because of my great English teachers in High School) and so I passed with great grades. It was a required class because those English proficiency exams were so weird that I had too much of a challenge trying to answer the question rather than just ignoring them and using proper writing techniques to write an answer on that paper. But God was planting those seeds for a reason. God was putting that knowledge in place for a reason. He then in 2005 called me to start writing a blog, and not just any blog, a blog that had to be available to the public. It was a calling to use creativity to share what He was speaking to me through His Word with anyone who was willing to read it and now with the cool plug-in that is available in WordPress, a podcast too. I haven’t had time yet to try and record the readings myself, but the tool gives me the choice of two voices to read my blog for me. So I am extending the reach of sharing the message God is speaking to me and over me with the world through a blog and a podcast. The blog name comes from my reading back in 2005 when it began that was the book of Revelation and hence the message of to eternity and so that is why you are finding this blog post on from2005toeternity.wordpress.com. After a crazy year with a them of hindsight is 2020, 2021 begins and the blogs are extending to podcasts with the name God’s story through my life from 2005 to eternity…
My reading today, which since 2020 I have started to become a reader while exercising and have now made it through 6 books and am currently reading The Power Of A Half Hour by Tommy Barnett, caused me to take hold of the reality of creativity and how God has used it now for over a decade and will continue to the day He calls me to spend eternity with Him in heaven. I almost took a break from reading in order to change up my workout program and when I walked by my entertainment unit in my loft area, the book caught my attention and I am 18 days in now. God’s not done with this reading kick yet. God’s not done with this blogging kick yet. God’s just getting started with this podcasting kick. What creativity is He going to use in and through my life? What creativity is He going to use in and through your life? Not only at home but also at church, at work, and other places in the community? This is the day that the Lord has made, so let’s rejoice and be glad in it! Let’s take the gifts and talents He has given us and work as unto the Lord so as the bring Him the praise, the honor, and the glory in Jesus’ name. Will you allow God to do what He said He can do because with God all things are possible?
Making the Impossible a Reality
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: Matthew 8:13
‘Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.’
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- How much do you believe?
- How much do you have to hear or read to be obedient?
- How much do you have to hear or read to receive?
- How much faith do you have?
- Do you believe in Jesus?
- Do you trust Him completely?
- How humble are you?
- How high do you exalt God?
- Does Jesus have to show up for you to believe?
- Do you need to have Him present for it to be real?
- Would you be able to just let Him speak the words and trust that it will happen?
- Consider the centurion’s response to Jesus when he had asked Jesus to heal his sick servant.
- ‘Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.” And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.” The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it. ” When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.’ — Matthew 8:5-13
- Do you trust God’s authority?
- Do you trust His ability to put the right authority over you at the right time for His purposes?
- Can you take hold of and remember that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose?
- Do you trust God enough to believe that the heart of the king is in His hand and so everyone who is in authority over you has been put there by God?
- Will you be a part of the believers or the doubters?
- Will you trust Jesus or do you feel threatened by Him?
- Will you believe Jesus can and will intervene in your needs in life?
- Do you believe, like the centurion did, that Jesus is so immensely powerful that He just has to speak it to make it happen?
- Do you have that great of faith? Do you have friends who are able to share their faith?
- Do you understand authority enough to get it?
- Do you understand the nature of authority?
- Do you have enough experience with authority that it can help your faith?
- Do you have insight in to how earthly authority relates to God’s authority?
- How will God work in and through you, be it near or far, for the glory of His kingdom?
- What experiences have you had to help you believe?
- What experiences have you had to help you believe more fully?
- What an experiences that showed or was learned through authority?
- What an experiences that showed or was learned through mercy and kindness?
- What patterns from the past are helping to give you a stronger faith today?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Do you have a great respect for authority or perhaps a deep appreciation for grace and kindness? Describe it.
- God has put leaders into positions of authority over the years in order to help direct my path and my career.
- Some have been there and it has been incredible filled with grace and kindness.
- Some have been there and it has been troubling but for a purpose that I couldn’t see in the moment but the troubles helped build my faith, helped me lean on God more, helped me realize that God had put them there on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose, giving them authority in that time to do what was needed to cause change.
How can your past, positive experiences strengthen your faith for today?
- It can show that even when I don’t think I can, God can! If He calls me to it, then He will get me through it!
- It can show that even in bad times, being obedient quickly can reduce the suffering.
- It can show that even in the bad times, God can turn it around and use it for good in my life and the life of others!
- It can show that even in the bad times, by starting on the right footing will make it more bearable going forward.
- All things are possible for those who believe!
- God’s timing is perfect!
- And even when getting to the book of Job I have had times where I was like “oh no, now what”, ever since 2013 when I was there and took hold of Job 42:12, it has changed it because I know from the past that I am in the moment and God’s plan for me is good, not for evil, to give me a hope and a future! I know that Jesus came that I can have life and life to the full!
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
How will you choose to use the gifts and talents you have been given? Will you ask God to use you to do His work? Will you choose to accept the gift of grace through His Son Jesus Christ?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together:
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?