Is it from what you are able to do in your own strength? Is it from what you are able to do as a team? Is it from what you are able to do as a family? Is it from luck of the draw? Is it from a decision that transformed your life? Is it the decision to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Is it the decision to follow Jesus for the rest of your life through His transforming power and His wisdom?
What does victory look like to you? What is it that makes it a victory? Is it based on your values? Is it based on your viewpoint? If someone offered to make your bucket list happen, how would the things on that list speak to what you value and what your values are? How would they differ from how you are living out your today? Is it a very long list? Would you be satisfied with it? Would you feel victorious when you get there?
Are you living a life of victory? Are you looking for victory? Understanding the goal and value is key!
Do you realize that victory belongs to and comes from God? Do you realize that God has already won the victory? Do you realize that Jesus conquered the grave? Do you realize that Jesus conquered the power of sin? Check out the book of Revelation and you will see that based on your decision to follow and receive Jesus or not will determine your destination, your destiny, and if you will be on the winning side and have victory!
Check out these scriptures to consider the reality:
‘ The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance and victory are of the Lord.’— Proverbs 21:31
‘Victory comes from you, O Lord . May you bless your people. Interlude’— Psalms 3:8
‘My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Interlude Common people are as worthless as a puff of wind, and the powerful are not what they appear to be. If you weigh them on the scales, together they are lighter than a breath of air. Don’t make your living by extortion or put your hope in stealing. And if your wealth increases, don’t make it the center of your life. God has spoken plainly, and I have heard it many times: Power, O God, belongs to you; unfailing love, O Lord, is yours. Surely you repay all people according to what they have done.’— Psalms 62:7-12
So today as we reflect on the empty tomb and the resurrection of Jesus, are you living in the victory that has already been won? Are you pursuing a victory that is worth it? Are you ready for God’s transforming power to work in and through your life? Are you ready for God’s victory in and through your life? Is today going to be your day?
“Woman, behold your son”
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: John 19:25-27
‘Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home.’
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Don’t be self absorbed in the midst of challenges, problems, trials, or crisis.
- Don’t allow bitterness to take root in the midst of challenges, problems, trials, or crisis.
- Don’t allow betrayal to taint who you are or how you will decide to live.
- Don’t allow abandonment to keep you from the victory God has planned and purposed for you.
- Don’t allow false accusations to turn you from finishing the good work that God has prepared in advance for you to accomplish.
- Don’t allow wrong punishment or judgment to hold you back from blessings and overflowing them into the lives of the ones God has brought around you.
- Show love! Show forgiveness! Show tenderness!
- Let your light shine that others may also come to know the truth and reality of Jesus!
- Jesus hung on the cross paying the ultimate price as a sacrifice for all of the world, that we can believe and receive the grace of salvation through Him to God the Father.
- How are you making sure that the ones you love will be taken care of?
- Jesus put his mother in the hands of his friend that He trusted.
- He asked John to take care of her as a mother
- So in times of crisis, will you withdraw or reach out?
- In times of crisis do you get self-absorbed or
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What do you think this statement meant to Mary that day? to John? to Jesus?
- Everything is going to be ok
- I trust you
- It is finished
In times of crisis, how do you want to care for those you love?
- Sacrifice my needs and my time to serve and support them
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?