As I start this day and consider our best way to avoid or reduce our exposure to pain and suffering, sorrow and despair, sickness and complications, the only thing that comes to mind is to be prepared. What can we do to be ready for and in some cases even avoid some troubles? Get prepared! What does being prepared look like? What do we need to do to be prepared? Let’s consider some of the things as we start Q2 of 2021 today…
- Are you prepared for the devil’s temptations? (1 Peter 5:8, Ephesians 6:11, Ephesians 6:13, Ephesians 6:17)
- Are you prepared for trials? (Proverbs 27:1, Ecclesiastes 11:8, Luke 21:19, John 16:33, 1 Corinthians 16:13)
- Are you prepared for what’s ahead of you? (Proverbs 6:6-8, Proverbs 20:4, Proverbs 20:13, Proverbs 22:3, Proverbs 26:16, Proverbs 28:19–20)
- Are you prepared to explain your hope? your faith? (Psalm 39:4, Hebrews 11:7, 1 Peter 3:15, 2 Timothy 4:2-5)
- Are you prepared for Jesus’ return? (Matthew 24:26-27, Matthew 24:37, Matthew 24:42-44, Luke 21:36, Mark 13:32-33, 2 Peter 3:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:2)
Are you rested up? Are you studied up? Are you dressed up? Are you strengthened up? Are you filled up? Are you standing up? Are you stepping up? Are you standing firm?
Are you prepared? Are you getting prepared? Are you ready? Let’s make sure as we get ready for today that we are prepared!
If you could get sick, would you do something to prevent it by being prepared? If you could be hospitalized from the sickness, would you do something to prevent it by being prepared? If you could die from the sickness, would you do something to prevent it by being prepared?
How long does it take for you to be ready? How long does it take for you to be prepared? Will you start early so that you can be ready in time? Will you start early so that you will be prepared for that day?
There is a battle going on today. There is a battle of good vs evil. There is a battle for your soul. Whether you are involved or avoiding it, there is a battle taking place. Whether you are visibly or physically impacted by it, there is a battle taking place. So we need to get ready, be ready, and stand up! Today matters! Every decision you make, every action you take will impact how the rest of your life will be. So let’s get ready! Let’s Be Prepared!
If you get called today will you be prepared? If you get confronted today will you be prepared? If you need to give an answer or a reason today will you be prepared?
Do you realize the difference between planning and being prepared? Do you think a surfer plans for a wave or prepares for a wave? Do you think you can plan for your future or be prepared for your future? With the speed of change taking place in the world do you think you and predict and plan rather than pray and prepare? So let’s be prepared for what is to come! Rather than thinking our plan will be the way, let’s give our plans to God so that we can be prepared for what is to come! (Proverbs 16:9, Proverbs 19:21) We don’t fully know where we are going or where we will end up but if God calls us to go like He did to Abram, all we can do is get prepared by telling our loved ones, wrapping up any loose ends, get packed up, and then go! Do you remember what John the Baptist was saying? He said prepare not plan! (Mark 1:3) So let’s take hold of the reality that God does the planning and we do the preparing! So let’s get prepared to do the good works which God prepared in advance for us to do! Remember what it says in Jeremiah 29:11-13 about God’s plans for us that is good and to give us a hope and a future? Remember the plans God has for us and the purpose for having sent Jesus from John 3:16-21 that He did out of love and in order to make a way for us to be reconciled unto Himself?
So we all have a choice to make for ourselves. We have decide if we will be prepared or not. We have to decide how prepared we want to be and will be for this day ahead of us. Be Prepared!
Are you prepared to be productive? Are you prepared to lead? Are you prepared to bring joy to others? Are you prepared to share the reason for the hope that is within you? Are you prepared in and out of season? Are you prepared mentally? Are you prepared physically? Are you prepared spiritually? Are you prepared for the challenge of today?
Let’s be prepared!
Do you get it?
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: I Corinthians 1:18
‘For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. ‘
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Are you prepared to do something unifying?
- Are you prepared to do something divisive?
- Are you prepared to talk?
- Are you prepared for radical change?
- Are you prepared for the response of anger?
- Are you prepared for the response of being scoffed at?
- Are you prepared for the response of confusion?
- Are you prepared to give an answer?
- Are you prepared to explain how something long ago impacts our future?
- Are you prepared for the debate?
- Are you prepared for the reasoning?
- Are you prepared to help them understand?
- Are you prepared to explain being lost?
- Are you prepared to explain being found?
- Are you prepared to explain the reason for the hope within you?
- Are you prepared to explain what you have?
- Are you prepared to share what you have?
- Are you prepared to share how it is by grace through faith and not by works so that nobody can boast?
- Are you prepared to explain how God got a hold of you? And transformed your life?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Why do you think some people get it and others don’t?
- They are too smart, too wealthy, too logical,
- They have problems trying to understand how love can be so grand
- They can’t categorize or put it in a box they understand.
In light of people’s spiritual blindness, take some time to pray for those you know who don’t know Christ yet.
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
“To me, love is knowing that Jesus Christ died on the cross so that I might live forever. To me, happiness is knowing now that my eternity with Christ is irrevocably guaranteed, that He did it all, and all I have to do is believe and accept His grace.”— Confessions of a Happy Christian p. 80 by Zig Ziglar
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?