How do you know how to live your life? Was it by watching people? Was it by listening to people? Was it by choosing the things you liked and discarding the ones that you don’t? Is it clear or fuzzy? Is it definite or subjective? Is it consistent or is it unstable? Are there rules? Are there guidelines? Are there directions? Are there instructions? Is there a manual? Is there a model to follow? Is there a set of guidelines?
How do you know the way you should live your life? If you know the way you should live your life then are you living it? Is it working for you?
What if you had a role model and they were a powerful leader and they told you that you need to be humble to live the way you are supposed to? What if you had a role model and they told you that you need to serve others to live the way you are supposed to? What if your role model told you that you need to forgive to live the way you are supposed to? What if your role model told you that the key to living life the way you are supposed to is love? Will you love God and love people if that is what it takes to live life the way you should? What if you learned the real definition of love, that is unconditional love, and that you needed to live your life in accordance to that? Let’s take a look at a few verses and take hold of what love is:
‘Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant. It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured. It does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth [when right and truth prevail]. Love bears all things [regardless of what comes], believes all things [looking for the best in each one], hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening]. Love never fails [it never fades nor ends]. But as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for the gift of special knowledge, it will pass away. ‘— 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
So what if all you needed to do was be like love? You need to live your life towards being able to taking the information above and changing the word love with your name? Would you be up for living your life the way you should? Would you be willing to live a life that isn’t lead or controlled by fear but instead choosing a life that is lead with power and of love and of a sound mind? Do you have something to turn to for instruction? Do you have someone to turn to for guidance? Do you have somewhere to go for support?
Are you living life the way you should?
Walking as Jesus walked
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: I John 2:6
‘He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.’
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Are you just talking the talk or are you also walking the walk?
- Are you being authentic in every area of your life?
- Are you being authentic in both your physical and spiritual lives?
- Are you willing to live in obedience to God’s instruction and guidance?
- Are you willing to live in loving God and loving others?
- Are you ready to live your life in accordance to the Father’s will?
- Are you ready to live your life in accordance to God’s calling on your life?
- Are you ready to live your life in accordance to God’s purpose for your life?
- Are you able to do what is right rather than what is popular?
- Are you able to do what is good rather than what is popular?
- Are you willing to come if God calls you?
- Are you willing to go if God sends you?
- Will you walk the narrow path and not be persuaded by the devil into temptations and falling away or walking away from God?
- Will you walk in love?
- Will you reach out to and help those others consider unlovable?
- Will you reach out to and serve those others won’t help?
- Will you love and serve those that people avoid or ignore?
- Will you choose to lead with love to everybody God brings across your path?
- Will you choose to focus on and do what God is calling you to do rather than your own selfish desires?
- Will you choose to help those others won’t help?
- Will you choose to care for people nobody else even notices?
- Will you live out your today with the overflow of Jesus’ love flowing into the lives of the people around you?
- Will you do your part?
- Will you hear from God what your part is and do it?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What do you need to do to align your life more completely with God’s purpose for you?
- Be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit to give me eyes to see and ears to hear those I am to love and serve.
- Stick closer to God and reduce the noise so that the still quiet voice can lead and guide me throughout each and every day.
- Be available to those in need
- Be present for those in need
- Serve others with the overflowing love of Jesus
Who are some people no one else notices who need your love?
- Street kids and people
- People around the office
- People who used to be around the office
- People around the neighborhood
- People walking the streets of town
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So how will you choose to live your life? Will it be the way you should? Do you have an example to help you know how you should? Why not consider today’s quote to help you? WWJD – What Would Jesus Do?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?