Do you have a set pattern to how you pray? Does it depend on the situation or circumstance? Is it a meal time practice? Are there set times of the day when you pray? Do you offer to pray? Do you ask for prayer? How do you pray?
God’s Word speaks to us that we should pray continually, without ceasing, or never stop praying. Prayer is the practice of talking with God. Since it is supposed to be about relationship with God then we can talk to Him throughout the day. Since He is always with us, there is no reason that we need to wait for a specific time to connect with Him. Since He is all knowing, there is nothing we should feel that we can’t talk to Him about. Since He is all powerful, we can trust Him and ask Him what we have need of or help with. How do you pray?
Does your prayer change based on the situation? When you are in the midst of a situation or time might your prayer be more passionate or embolden? When you are in the midst of a life or death situation might your prayer become more emotional or powerful? When you or a loved one is having a bad day does it change how you pray? When you or a loved one are faced with a critical or desperate situation does it change the way you pray? How do you pray?
Above I continue to ask how you pray but just in case none of the apply, here is one additional ask: Do you pray?
Delight = Desires
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: Psalms 37:4-5
‘Delight yourself also in the Lord , And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord , Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.’
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Is your heart aligned with the will of God?
- Is God’s will the thing you delight in?
- Is God’s calling upon your life what you desire?
- Are the desires of your heart delightful to God?
- How has God been working in your heart to change what you delight in and desire?
- How has the transformation in you caused you to delight God more?
- How has the transformation helped you commit your ways to God?
- How has the transformation helped you to trust God more?
- Ever considered how the source of our delight shapes what we desire?
- Do you delight in your wife and hence want her to be happy?
- Do you delight in your kids and hence want them to be happy?
- Do you delight in the Lord and hence want Him to be happy?
- Do you delight in acquiring stuff? Do you realize how much that will drain you and that it is unquenchable? It is something that can’t be satisfied.
- So why not delight in God and allow that to shape your heart and your desires in ways that will demonstrate His love, His values, and His desires?
- “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” — John Piper
- Are you satisfied with God?
- Are you thrilled with God’s love, forgiveness, and purpose for your life?
- Are you wanting to know God more?
- Are you wanting to pursue God’s will more?
- Are you wanting to follow God’s leading and direction more?
- Are you wanting to finish the good works that God has prepared in advance for you to accomplish?
- So what are your desires?
- What excites you?
- What frustrates you?
- What hopes fill your mind?
- What fears fill your mind?
- Are you ready to start giving God your focus and then allow Him to transform your heart? your desires? and your life?
- Are you ready to start living a life that will please God?
- Trust Him and don’t lean on your own understanding!
- In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What do your joys, frustrations, hopes, and fears say about your desires?
- I need God and His direction and His wisdom and His protection
- Without God I can do nothing but with God all things are possible.
To what degree would you say you genuinely delight in God?
- quite a lot
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
“Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.”– Zig Ziglar
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So what are you delighting yourself in today? What are your desires? Are they aligned? Are you receiving them?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?