When you receive a call, how clear does it need to be? When you receive a call, how direct does it have to be? When you receive a call, how forceful does it need to be? I remember the call to step into leadership in my community and that still quiet voice was enough for me to obey. I remember the call to step up into the top position and resisting and pushing back out of doubt, fear, feeling unqualified and requiring a forceful ultimatum for me to accept it and obey. I remember the call to step out and start looking for a new role as 19 years in the same company approached and how that night when I got home I obeyed, updating my resume and LinkedIn profile and applying for jobs. I remember the year when the 3Ds happened and how the confirmation of the Holy Spirit was enough for me to accept those roles at work, at camp, and at church. God has always been in control and the experiences He has given me to show His faithfulness through His callings in my life. As His Word shows and tells us, be it with Esther who was called to step up and step out, Mordecai tells her that if she wouldn’t do it that God would have accomplished His plans and purpose through someone else. As His Word shows and tells us, be it when the Pharisees were telling Jesus to stop the people from calling out and Jesus’ response was to tell them that if they stopped the rocks would cry out.
Even as I reflect on all of these things and even selected which links to use for the stories above, the quote that comes to mind as I reflect and consider how incredible and how faithful God is the reality of God without man is still God but man without God is nothing sticks with me.
What will it take for you to hear from God and respond? What type of a call does it need to be for you to respond out of obedience? Will your response be out of faith in God or fear of man? Will your response be out of trust in God or worry of your own abilities? Nothing is too big for God! Nothing is impossible with God! What may seem impossible to man is possible with God!
So when the call comes, will you answer it and accomplish all God has in planned and purposed for your life?
Guidance from above
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: Psalms 67:4
‘Oh, let the nations be glad and sing for joy! For You shall judge the people righteously, And govern the nations on earth. Selah’
The AMPC translation says it like this:
‘ O let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for You will judge the peoples fairly and guide, lead, or drive the nations upon earth. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!’— Psalm 67:4
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Have you seen God’s hand moving clearly and powerfully in your life?
- Have you seen God’s hand moving clearly and powerfully in history?
- Have you seen God’s hand moving clearly and powerfully to inspire people?
- Have you seen God’s hand moving clearly and powerfully to inspire people to pursue freedom?
- Have you seen God’s hand moving clearly and powerfully to direct and create structure and hierarchy to build a great nation with the necessary checks and balances?
- Have you seen God’s hand moving clearly and powerfully in days of deliberation?
- Have you wondered where God is when you reflect on some times in history when things seem so dark and so hard?
- Have you wondered where God is when you reflect on some times in history when scandals or actions start to chip away at values?
- Have you wondered where God is when you reflect on some times in history when things seem to be out of control?
- Consider God’s purposes and plans and how He can take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it around and use it for good and for His purposes!
- Consider both in the Bible stories of the past how God was able to use the bad times and the good times for His purposes and remember that when you consider the times post the timeline in the Bible and how God is still able to use it for good and to accomplish His purposes.
- Remember that in the end times those who fought against Him, turned away from Him, or never accepted Him will be judged by God.
- Let’s take hold of the reality that God is in control!
- Let’s take hold of the reality that God reigns supreme!
- Let’s take hold of the reality that God is guiding us!
- Let’s take hold of the reality that God is directing us!
- Let’s take hold of the reality that God is shaping events to accomplish good things!
- So we get to do our part too and decide if and how we will respond to Him.
- God is with us! God is active!
- We can count on God!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What are some ways you’ve seen God direct our nation and your life?
- Looking for the promised land
- Finding my wife
- Providing us a place to live
- Giving us children and a great family
Take a few minutes to praise Him for His leading.
- Thank You Lord for helping me navigate 2020 and not give up in the midst of the trials and troubles
- Thank You Lord for helping me to draw closer to my family in the midst of everything that was 2020
- Thank You Lord for leading and directing us today and always
- Thank You Lord for leading my children – be it into ministry, be it ministering on the sports field, be it ministering through gaming
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
Where does your guidance come from? Are you aware of and looking for heavenly guidance from God? Are you noticing His hand at work in and through your life and the lives of others?
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?