Today if someone asked you what you are focused on what would you tell them? What if they asked you how focused you are, would it change your answer? Are you focused on one thing? Are you focused on nothing?
Are you focused enough to be able to see things clearly? Are you positioned properly to be able to be focused? Is your focus on the big picture or do you have enough focus to get to the details? Are you able to adjust your focus in order to zoom in and out? Are you able to find a place that will allow you to concentrate and become focused? Are there certain areas you need to pay closer attention than others? Is that how you determine or decide what to focus on?
Are you focused enough on your calling to be able to pursue it? Are you focused enough on your purpose that you are able to seek it? Are you focused enough on God’s wisdom and direction that you make room and time to be able to hear from Him? Are you able to have your heart and mind in the right state that you can focus and see what God desires for you, wants from you, and is calling you to?
Are you focused enough to be able to respond to God’s calling? Are you focused enough that you won’t be tempted away from doing what God is calling you to do? Or are you being tempted to be disobedience? tempted with delayed obedience? tempted to delegate obedience? Where are you at today? Do you have the focus right or are you trying to put yourself in the position of God and in so doing you are focused on doing what you want, when you want, and how you want it? Do you have the focus right or are you trying to delay obedience, you know, you think, you feel that the call of God is right BUT you have reasons why it isn’t the right time, it isn’t the right place, or even it isn’t the atmosphere. Do you realize that if you want to wait for the perfect moment it will never come? Do you realize that the perfect moment to do what God is calling you to do is that moment? Do you have focus right or are you trying to delegate what God is calling you to do to someone else? God’s given you gifts and talents. God’s put you in this moment because you are the perfect person in this perfect timing to be able to accomplish His purpose and plan through. Don’t sit back and wait for someone else! Don’t sit back and provide excuses to not be obedient in the moment! Don’t sit back and provide excuses why you shouldn’t! Let’s get this straight and get our focus on what is important to God and on accomplishing His plans and purposes in and through our lives!
Are you ready to focus? Let’s focus as we prepare for our day! Let’s look to simplify the situation! Let’s avoid overcomplicating things! Let’s focus!
Today’s daily devotional:
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: Matthew 5:8
‘Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.’
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- How are your thoughts impacting your behavior?
- How are your thoughts impacting your responses?
- How are your thoughts impacting your attitude?
- Are all of your thoughts pure or are there some selfish, angry, unloving ones in there?
- Ever considered what it would take to be pure in heart?
- To be pure mean to be clean or cleansed, and so we need to receive Jesus in order to be cleansed!
- Are you willing to draw closer to God and have him draw closer to you?
- Are you willing to come to God in faith believing?
- Are you willing to confess your sins to God in order to be cleansed and forgiven?
- Are you willing to be like David and call out and ask God to create a clean heart in you?
- Are you willing to set your mind and focus on the right things?
- Are you willing to focus on whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy?
- To have something pure it isn’t a mixture or mixed up with anything else.
- Are you ready to be filled up to overflowing in your heart?
- Are you ready to make God your focus? God’s purpose your focus? God’s plan your focus? God’s calling your focus?
- Are you ready to make your focus love? Love that comes from a pure heart?
- Are you ready to focus on God’s will for God’s glory?
- Are you ready to focus on having a heart that can and will overcome selfishness?
- Are you ready to focus on the greatness and purposes of God?
- Are you ready to resist wandering eyes in order to stay focused?
- Are you ready to resist wandering eyes that are being tempted to disobey?
- Are you ready to resist wandering eyes that could tempt our hearts away from God?
- Are you ready to focus on God working in and through you rather than trying to do it all in your own strength?
- Don’t get me wrong and don’t misconstrue “pure heart” with “perfection”!
- Let’s put our focus on Jesus and in pursuing Him, His will, His purpose, and His plans allow Him to create in us a clean and pure heart!
- Are you ready to focus enough to overcome temptations?
- Are you ready to focus enough to overcome distractions?
- Are you ready to focus enough to overcome detours?
- Are you ready to focus enough that whatever comes your way that you will continue to pursue God?
- Remember how in the Bible they tell us how to seek God?
- But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. — Deuteronomy 4:29
- I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. — Proverbs 8:17
- You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. — Jeremiah 29:13
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. — Matthew 7:7
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. — Luke 11:9
- ‘ The God Who produced and formed the world and all things in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade shrines. Neither is He served by human hands, as though He lacked anything, for it is He Himself Who gives life and breath and all things to all [people]. [Isa. 42:5.] And He made from one [common origin, one source, one blood] all nations of men to settle on the face of the earth, having definitely determined [their] allotted periods of time and the fixed boundaries of their habitation (their settlements, lands, and abodes), So that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after Him and find Him, although He is not far from each one of us. For in Him we live and move and have our being; as even some of your [own] poets have said, For we are also His offspring.’ — Acts 17:24-28
- Need to hear from God? Turn to the Bible!
- Need to hear from God? Start talking with Him and build your relationship with Him!
- Need to focus? Consider how God will decide to use you in the lives of others!
- Need to focus more on God, God’s purpose, God’s glory and less on money, fame and power!
- Let’s focus on being obedient to God today!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What would a passionate pursuit of God look like in your life?
- Spending time in His Word in order to receive wisdom and direction
- Being sensitive to the Spirit and then being immediately obedient to His prompting and calling
- Talk with God throughout the day – praying without ceasing.
What are you willing to abandon in order to truly see God?
- I moved
- I joined
- I learn
- I forgive
- I grow
QUOTE(S) FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
“Let the seeking man reach a place where life and lips join to say continually, “Be thou exalted,” and a thousand minor problems will be solved at once. His Christian life ceases to be the complicated thing it had been before and becomes the very essence of simplicity.”— A. W. Tozer
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So does God have your attention? Are you ready to be focused? Are you ready to get focused? Let’s focus!
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?