Were you able to set a goal for the week or goals as the case may be? Do you know what it is that you want and need to accomplish by the end of the week? Do you know how to get there? Do you know where you are heading? Do you know who you need to work with? Do you have the timing figured out so that you know when you need to do what? And the key thing, have you started with why so that you understand the purpose for it? So grasping all of that and reflecting on it, are you on track? Are you on pace to make it on time or even ahead of time? Are you pacing yourself in order to ensure you can make it at all? Is there ground to make up? Is there any pace adjustments necessary to ensure you get there in time? What is your goal for the week? What is the check list you want to get done? How is it going to help others? Are there others that you are going to need to bring along with you on the journey? Are you ready for any hurdles that will be in the way? Have you set the pace and the goal in a way for all of you to make it across the finish line?
The One Year Daily Insights with Zig Ziglar and Dr. Ike Reighard for February 23rd
Father Knows Best
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: Isaiah 48:17
‘Thus says the Lord , your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.’
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Do you do benefit vs risk analysis?
- Can you be swayed more by the benefits than the detriments, damages, or drawbacks?
- Do you need to experience the detriments, damages, or drawbacks before you become aware of the benefits?
- Can you learn through the experience of others? or do you need to go through the experience yourself?
- Can you learn through reading or do you need to experience it first hand?
- Do you understand the benefits of God?
- Do you understand the drawbacks of walking away from God?
- Do you understand the trouble that comes with walking away from God?
- Can you trust God? Do you trust God? Are you trusting God?
- Do you choose to obey out of love?
- Do you choose to obey out of fear?
- Do you choose to obey to receive the benefits?
- Do you choose to obey to avoid the troubles and pain?
- Do you choose to obey in order to receive the rewards?
- Are you motivated by love or fear? Are you motivated out of relationship or being disconnected?
- Are you motivated out of relationship or the feeling of being in control?
- Are you motivated out of relationship or worry over the punishment or consequences?
- Are you motivated out of relationship or rewards?
- How much would it take for you to trust enough to live life out of relationship?
- What if it was a relationship with God?
- What if it was a relationship with someone who gave up their life for you?
- What if it was a relationship with someone who paid the ultimate price to redeem you?
- What if it was a relationship with someone who forgives you?
- What if it was a relationship with someone who loves you, infinite and true love?
- What if it was a relationship with someone who you can trust? No matter what!
- What does trust mean to you? Does it imply that you have a relationship? Does it imply that you have interacted with them in the past? Does it imply that your relationship and interactions have had character that causes you to trust them and their behavior and intentions?
- So will you stay connected in order to receive guidance and direction?
- Will you stay connected so that you are sensitive to His voice, that still quiet voice to lead and guide you?
- Will you stay connected because you trust God to know best, even in the midst of trials and troubles?
- Will you stay connected and be in relationship with God in order to make time and pay attention in order to follow His prompting and guiding?
- Will you follow God’s lead?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What are some reasons people trust Gods leadership in their lives?
- Because of what God has done in and through their lives
- Because of what God has done in and through lives of their loved ones
- Because they trust God!
What needs to happen so that you are more responsive to His leading?
- Prevent the busy life from interfering or interrupting my God time.
QUOTES FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
So let’s check our heart. Let’s check our minds. Let’s check our pace. Let’s check our purpose. Let’s check our goal. Let’s check our team. Let’s go!
Where are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray this with me? Would you like to connect and discuss it with me? Would you like to make time to start your walk with Jesus? Do you have questions? Please let me know through the comment section below, through email, or even through text messages.