Are you being blessed? Do you think it is for yourself or to be shared with others? Are you going through some tough times? Do you think it is bad or could it be a setup to help you minister to others? Are you somewhere in the middle? Will you choose to complain and focus on the challenge or will you worship and focus on God in order to gain His perspective? Will you throw your own pity party or will you throw a worship party where God is able to show up and help you through it? I remember going through betrayal and deception which created bitterness and anger in me for months until I had a perspective adjustment which involved forgiveness that opened the door to freedom. Had I not walked through it I couldn’t have then be able or even ready to be able to speak of the ministry of forgiveness into the lives of so many others who had been hurt, betrayed, and deceived. Sometimes it is the hard times which I would never have asked for, never would wish on anyone, that creates an opportunity to learn and be able to minister to others in pain. Going through uncertain times, feeling like you are always walking on eggshells, caused me to lean into and onto God more. And yet even when things looked like they were beginning to settle God had one more adjustment in the cards which was even better than anything I could have asked for or imagine. As I look back I can see God’s hand at work, removing an disconnecting things necessary to make me available and ready for something else. Would I ever want others to go through it? Nope. Would I ever ask to go through it again? Nope. But as I came out the other end, my perspective was able to change from how big my challenges and problems were to how great my God is and His opportunities and blessings. By walking through it, we have the opportunity to speak truth in love, speak life in love, and have the scars to prove it as a ministry into the lives of others who are being challenged and struggling. Your challenge may be the opportunity for ministry in the future. So let us consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds — put our perspective on how big our God is in comparison to the trials we are facing! Let us take heart when we face troubles — put our perspective on how big our God is and how Jesus has overcome the world! So let’s check our perspective in the midst of life! Let’s allow worship to help us put the focus on the right thing. Be is a situation like Paul and Silas in a jail or a situation like being thrown into a fiery furnace for doing what is right, in every case we need to be focusing on how great our God is and that whatever the outcome He is in control and His ways are better and higher than our ways.
IT IS ALL A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE and WORSHIP HELPS US GET THAT PERSPECTIVE RIGHT!
The One Year Daily Insights with Zig Ziglar and Dr. Ike Reighard for January 12th
Blessed to Bless
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: Numbers 6:24-26
‘“The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.” ’’
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Transformation requires repetition and so God gave Moses the verse of today to be said and spoken over His people in order to transform a group who had been an a nation of slaves into a culture of strength and joy.
- We are all in need of God’s blessings!
- God’s blessings of protection, presence, and kindness are always needed, hasn’t stopped and won’t stop.
- Let’s be people don’t just ask for a favor but also grant favors.
- Let’s be people who don’t just receive God’s favor but also give God’s favor.
- Let’s keep God as the focal point, our focus through life so that we always see how big He is compared to the trials and troubles we face.
- Let’s not try to go through life alone but instead focus on God so that we don’t miss His wisdom, His guidance, His love through a relationship with Him.
- In this world we will have troubles! Let’s choose to lean on God and learn the lessons through the troubles so that we can minister to others on the other side. There will the other side because Jesus told us to take heart because He has overcome the world!
- In this world we will also face trials but when we keep our focus on God and keep in relationship with Him, we can consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds because we know they build our faith, they build our strength of perseverance, and work in us so that one day we will be complete and lacking nothing!
- Let’s trust Him in and through it all! When He answers yes to our prayers, trust Him. When He answers no to our prayers, trust Him. When He answers wait for it to our prayers, trust Him.
- In the midst of troubles we learn how God continues to love us and provide for us.
- He is faithful and just!
- He is our ever present help in times of need!
- Let’s stop and turn to God for perspective! He understands the situation we are in better than we do!
- Let’s show our love and our trust of God so that we can let our lights shines to the world around us!
- Let’s be conduits of blessing by passing along the blessings we receive from God to others – no matter if we learned them through good things or challenging things, in all things God deserves the glory!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Does this prayer for blessing express the desire of your heart today? If it does, pray it for yourself and those you love.
What would it mean for you to be blessed and become a blessing for others today?
- We need to be open handled so that the blessings of God can flow through them.
- We can’t be closed fisted or the blessings we hold onto won’t be able to make it to others and will prevent future blessings from getting into our hands.
- We need to share the hope!
- We need to share the love!
- We need to share the truth!
- We need to walk in faith over fear!
QUOTES FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
- Genesis 20
- Don’t allow fear to be greater than your faith in God!
- Will you take the blessings of God and bless others?
So how are you seeing the world? From what perspective are you looking at things? Are you able to step back and get a different perspective? Are you able to zoom out and get a bigger picture? Would you be willing to worship to help you change your focus and perspective?
Were are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray this with me? Would you like to connect and discuss it with me? Would you like to make time to start your walk with Jesus? Do you have questions? Please let me know through the comment section below, through email, or even through text messages.