Ever had to extend the day to make it work? What about starting earlier to join a meeting that will help in the businesses advancement? What about finishing the day later to join a meeting that will help the businesses advancement? What about being a global company and needing to be able to connect with your customers and partners around the world? How flexible can you be? How will it affect your schedule for the day? Will it impact your sleep pattern? Will it require you take a break in the middle of your normal day schedule? Will it require any adjustment at all? Are you willing to extend time to make it work? Have you set your priorities? Have you set your healthy boundaries? How will you know when you can say yes vs no? Are you ready to get the week started on an extended day? What if the day needs to be extended in both directions? Are you ready to make it happen? Are you ready to get it done? Will you still manage to keep first things first? Will you still manage to be a good steward of your body? Will you still manage to stay healthy and safe and not get burned out?
It is important to have you priorities straight! It is important to have healthy boundaries setup! It is important to be able to keep first things first. So let’s get to our top thing to start the morning and turn to God and what His Word has for us today!
The One Year Daily Insights with Zig Ziglar and Dr. Ike Reighard for January 11th
A Holy Place
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: I Corinthians 6:19-20
‘Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.’
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- God’s not out there somewhere. Depending on where you are and what you believe He is either knocking on the door to your heart and hoping you will open it up to let Him in or He is in you through the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus came to be Emmanuel, God with us!
- Remember how Jesus stepped out of heaven to come to earth to reveal to us His love, His forgiveness, and His power by His walking on the earth and living life with the disciples and the people, by His sacrificing Himself on the cross to pay the ultimate price once and for all for our sins, and the His resurrection three days later to show His power of sin and death?
- The Holy Spirit stepped out of heaven too once Jesus ascended back into heaven. Remember Jesus tells us how He had to leave so that the Father could send the Holy Spirit?
- Remember how the Holy Spirit is described as advocate, comforter, helper, counselor, and guide?
- Well one more thing we need to make sure to remember is that when the Holy Spirit came out of heaven, He steps into the life of each believer to impart wisdom, encouragement, and strength to us on a daily basis.
- So He is in us and God knows our every thought, every word, and every action. But with the Holy Spirit in us, we can ask for wisdom, for help, for support, for direction, for peace, for hope, for anything because He is with us and ready to help in our times of need.
- So the question is will we allow God to be the Lord of all of our lives or will we decide that He isn’t Lord at all in our lives?
- We are never alone!
- In times of celebration, God is with us and gave us success .
- In times of suffering, God is with us and gives us comfort.
- In times of confusion, God is with us and gives us direction that we are able to receive and trust.
- In times of when the answer is slow as we might think of it to come, we can be patient, waiting on the Lord, knowing that He is trustworthy and proven that His timing is perfect! God is rarely early and never late! God’s timing is perfect!
- So we need to live our lives in a way that glorifies God!
- We need to live our lives in a way that bring God the praise, the honor, and the glory!
- We need to live our lives in a way that reflects who Jesus is like the light of the moon is but a reflection of the sun, we need to reflect the light of the Son.
- We need to live our lives in a way that points people to Jesus!
- As 2 Corinthians 5 says: ‘Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.’ — II Corinthians 5:20-21
- So before we act, let’s reflect on being the temple of the Holy Spirit and seek God’s wisdom.
- So before we speak, let’s reflect on being the temple of the Holy Spirit and seek God’s wisdom in order to speak the truth in love.
- Let’s allow our view of what we value be based on the wisdom and discernment provided to us through the Holy Spirit!
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
As God’s temple, do you need a remodeling job? Explain your answer.
- I feel it is a work in progress, a continuous improvement project. God has cleared out may of the old cobwebs and things for the past which has allowed me to get to where I am today. There is still more learning and pruning required so that my words, my responses, my actions better reflect Him and who He is in my life. Some lessons have required relearning. Some lessons have required fine tuning. In each case though I lean more and more on God for I know I may not fully understand it but by leaning in on Him that He will make my path straight. He will help me to consider it pure joy when I face trials of many kinds. He will help me to take heart when I face the troubles of this world. He will give me hope when I am persecuted by this world because they persecuted Him first.
How does this truth inspire you? Hoes it challenge you?
- To not overreact
- To show compassion rather than anger
- To speak the truth in love
- To wait on the Lord as He will renew my strength
- To wait on the Lord as His timing is perfect
- To ask, seek, and knock as He will answer, help me find, and help me open
- To not worry about anything but instead cast my cares on Him
- To be obedient to the prompting of the Holy Spirit
QUOTES FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
- Genesis 19
- Are you ready to be saved?
- Will you do what is right?
- Will you do as you are directed?
- Will you go without turning back?
So where are you at today and how are you living your life? Have you given yourself to the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you through the day? Have you given yourself to the Holy Spirit so that in the midst of storms and troubles He can provide a peace that surpasses all understanding? What would it take for you to give all of yourself to God? Would it take a divine encounter? Would it take a catastrophe? Would it take a miracle?
Were are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray this with me? Would you like to connect and discuss it with me? Would you like to make time to start your walk with Jesus? Do you have questions? Please let me know through the comment section below, through email, or even through text messages.