There are days when to move forward you need to know where everyone stands and so you need to check and ask. You can’t assume you know but rather you need to ask and validate. You need to the truth to be on the table and focused for we know that the truth will set us free. We can’t just put out statements or rumors, we need to look at the data and analyze it so that we can then come together understanding the good, the bad, and the ugly in order to be able to attack the problem, solve the problem, and move on united.
Be it with a team, a group, a family, a friend, or others, we need to put the problem in the center of the table and attack the problem rather than each other using the truth in love. We need to be united in our care for one another rather than name calling or attacking each others that will create an even greater divide. We need to come together using the truth to heal the disenfranchised and reunite the entire group of people.
We need the truth for that will set us free! We need to be united because divided we will fall. So let us not allow the lies, the rumors, the miscellaneous information detract us from the healing process and becoming united together.
The battle isn’t against flesh and blood but against the powers and principalities of this dark world. The devil comes to rob, kill, and destroy and uses lies and division is his #1 tool. So let’s be committed to the healing process which will mean we will need to be committed to the truth.
Today my focus on preparing for camps and all the work and planning associated with it.
The One Year Daily Insights with Zig Ziglar and Dr. Ike Reighard for January 10th
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: Genesis 1:26
‘Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” ‘
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- Where did you get your sense of identity?
- When you were growing up where did you get your sense of identity?
- As an adult where do you get your sense of identity?
- Does it change or is it fixed?
- Does it evolve or is it solid?
- Was it from your parents, your friends, your teachers, your employers, your employees, …?
- Have you ever heard or receive the message about how God created?
- Have you ever had your identity based on how God created and why God created you?
- Have you ever had your identity based on the purpose and the plan that you were created for?
- You were created on purpose, for a purpose, with a purpose! You are not an accident or a mistake! God wasn’t surprised!
- Have you ever compared or considered what God says about you rather than what people are saying about you?
- How about what you say vs what God says? Going to stop the list for a sec and bring in a visual for us to have for reflection and consideration.
- Ever considered that God has imprinted His image on us?
- Now our decisions or actions, aka sin may have tarnished that over time but we still possess a portion of the dignity God originally imparted to Adam and Eve in the Garden.
- What prism do you look through to see who you are?
- When you look in the mirror what do you see? who do you see?
- “Do you see someone who was created by God, who is a descendant of royalty and a person of infinite worth?“
- Who do you say you are?
- Have you received God into your heart and been transformed?
- Are you still wandering and seeking for purpose and answers and reasons?
- Do you see yourself through your eyes or God’s eyes?
- Do you see yourself through what you have done or what God has done?
- Do you see yourself as a child of God through Jesus?
- Do you see yourself like the link above describes? Does that cause you to realize anything?
- Do you realize: “we desperately need the grace of God to forgive us when we fail to live up to our identity“?
- Do you realize: “we need to conform our lives to fit our status as the King’s kids“?
- Are you living like Jesus with skin on so that the world around you will see your good works and praise your Father in heaven?
- When you look in the mirror do you see Jesus in you?
- When you look in the mirror do you see yourself through the sacrifice and blood of Jesus?
- Remember there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- Remember that when we receive Jesus into our hearts we become a new creation, the old is gone and the new has come.
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Be honest.
- An older me
- A wiser me thanks to what God has done in and through my life
- A better me thanks to what God has done in and through my life
- A servant of the most High God who loves God and loves people
How would it affect your attitude and choices today if you saw yourself as someone who has been skillfully crafted by Almighty God?
QUOTES FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
Were are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray this with me? Would you like to connect and discuss it with me? Would you like to make time to start your walk with Jesus? Do you have questions? Please let me know through the comment section below, through email, or even through text messages.