Today is an exciting day. First workday of the 2021. First day of 2021 coming into my new team with a new manager (who is a previous manager) and a great team (who are people I am so excited to get to be working with). The journey of getting to lead this team as we start 2021 has begun. The opportunities to support people from around the world through an incredible team who manage inspiring and creative content, localized content that helps our customers not only make the right selection but use the various tools and services provided by our company. The opportunities to level up and provide quality and necessary information to help both the customers and business to succeed.
God has given each of us talents and we need to use them as good stewards for the glory of God in order to accomplish His vision and plans. We need to take hold of our strengths and alignment to move forward in alignment to God’s instruction and plan. Just as the body is made up of many parts, we need to use our various roles and strengths to be able to accomplish God’s bigger plan. We each have a role to play and to be a stronger team or body we need each component to be strong and for all of us to moving forward in the same direction, in unity so that we don’t self-destruct due to division.
So as we begin today, let’s be good stewards of the gifts and talents God has given us. Let’s find our strengths in order to help the unity of the team be stronger. Let’s get ready to become everything God has planned and prepared for us to be.
The One Year Daily Insights with Zig Ziglar and Dr. Ike Reighard for January 4th
DISCOVER YOUR STRENGHS
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY: exodus 36:8
‘Then all the gifted artisans among them who worked on the tabernacle made ten curtains woven of fine linen, and of blue, purple, and scarlet thread; with artistic designs of cherubim they made them. ‘
POINTS FROM THE DEVOTIONAL:
- We have each been given God-given gifts to help with His plans and His purpose
- We get to choose how we will use these gifts or talents
- Will we choose to use these gifts for God’s greater plan?
- Will we choose to use these gifts for God’s greater purpose?
- God has given us abilities
- We get to choose if and how we will use these abilities
- Will we choose to use these abilities to accomplish God given, God sized dreams?
- Ever considered how getting better or career development works best? I know over the years I have seen a formula where part of the development process is job-related experiences, another part is through interaction with others, and the final part is actual training. (70/20/10 ratio)
- Training isn’t good enough or enough for us to rely upon it as the principal method of becoming competent on our job.
- Ever heard the quote “love what you do and you will never work a day in your life“?
- If all you ever did was train, as important as training is, if you don’t have much competence for the job then it will probably become a grind that makes each week very trying.
- What if instead of focusing on your weaknesses you focused on your strengths?
- What if your work responsibilities happens to leverage your God given abilities?
- Ever noticed people who are in the groove? People who are working in their strengths and flowing through their days and weeks?
- Ever noticed how much can be accomplished when you are working in your God given gifts and talents area?
- Ever realized how much more creative, more energetic, more relaxed, and more willing to help others who need a hand when you are in the “zone”, working within your God-given gifts and talents?
- Ever been in a role where you started to lose hope because it wasn’t fulfilling?
- Ever noticed how long it takes when you are working outside of your God given gifts to start losing steam, losing passion, losing your groove, and losing your hope?
- What if the answer to finding hope was to focus on your God given gifts and how they can be used to work?
- What if you were able to take those strengths given to you as God given gifts and focused on that?
- God may help us learn through valleys in order to gain perspective and acquire new lessons, but God’s plan is good and it is to give a hope and a future and so we shouldn’t be stuck in a perpetual valley.
- We need to be active participants in life rather than just passive, go with the flow.
- We need to be active in not only uncovering our talents but we also need to then use them with all of our hearts.
- We need to be working as unto the Lord!
- It’s not optional! Remember the story of the talents or gifts? Remember how at the end each person had to give an answer for what they did with them? Explain what kind of stewardship they had been with their talents or gifts? Remember the one who received 5? Remember the one who received 2? Remember the one who received 1? Don’t you want to be the one who gets to hear “Well done, good and faithful servant”?
- So on that day when we have to give an account of how we spent our time on earth, what do you want to be able to say?
- When God asks how we used our talents He gave us here on earth, how will we reply? What will he think of our response?
- We all want to get to hear “Well done” right?
DISCUSSION TOPICS FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
What are the activities and responsibilities that rev your engine?
- Working with others to help find and solve problems
- Working with others to help them use their gifts and talents to touch the lives of others
- Working with others to help them user their gifts and talents to the best of their abilities
- Serving and helping kids have a great experience growing up – be it my own, sponsored kids, or kids I get to bring to camp
- Helping others see light in the darkness
- Helping others find hope in the midst of despair
- To shine the light of Jesus into the world around me
- To spread the joy of the Lord which is my strength to the world around me.
What do you need to do to refine your career so that your job fits your God-given talents?
- Take a role where I can serve others
- Continue leading a team of volunteers to run camps for teenage foster kids
- Continue supporting and encouraging my own kids in their God given talents to be able to achieve God’s plan and vision for their lives
- Consider each team member’s talents and how to be able to help them in accomplishing their God given talents and helping their job fit their talents.
QUOTES FROM TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL:
Today’s reading from Tanakh:
What are your God given talents? How are you honing and being a good steward of those talents? What could you be doing to make the most of your talents? Were are you at today? Are you looking for guidance? Are you wondering where to turn? Are you at the end of your rope and needing help? Are you ready for some help? Are you ready to turn to God and ask? seek? knock? Let’s pray together.
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray this with me? Would you like to connect and discuss it with me? Would you like to make time to start your walk with Jesus? Do you have questions? Please let me know through the comment section below, through email, or even through text messages.