Have you had that aha moment when you realized it isn’t all about following the rules? Have you had that aha moment when you realized it isn’t all about following a bunch of rituals and routines? Have you had the aha moment when you realized it is about having a relationship?
I remember after over 30 years of hearing about God that I was at a sermon when the message hit me hard, it was that aha moment when I realized it was about having a relationship with Jesus. I changed everything. It was the beginning of having a relationship with God and hearing from Him. It was about building upon His love for me when He gave Himself on the cross and being called according to His purposes and pursuing it in love. After that moment, it has felt like He strapped on a jetpack to help get me caught up with where He wanted and needed me to be. From getting water baptized that lead me to become a member of a church for the first time to being baptized in the Holy Spirit during a spiritual emphasis week of prayer and fasting, to being set free from strongholds (some of which I wasn’t even aware of) through an incredible ministry called Cleansing Stream to being called to step into leadership in my community during a men’s conference and joining our HOA board, to being a part of the Worship & Arts team at church on both the drama and tech teams, to starting a small group at my workplace, and being able to love on and share the hope that is within me without force feeding it on anyone. That aha moment has transformed my life and my life has been transformed by accepting and receiving Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
I am not alone! This transformation grabbed both my wife and I as new parents which has enabled and allowed us to be able to raise up our kids to know God and to be able to trust Him. It has enabled us as a family to have testimonies of God’s love in and through His people. It was even the trigger back in 2005 when I was preparing to start a private blog where I could share family stuff with my extended family who were/are far away but God intervened and told me I needed to make my blog public. I was like “well then, I guess we need a different topic. What do you want me to write about?” and God responded with my morning readings/devotionals/messages. That first reading was from the book of Revelation which is how my blog got the name of From 2005 to Eternity. The technology changed over time from the Windows Live Spaces over to WordPress but the purpose and the passion has remained the same. Back in 2005 based on everything taking place at the time it felt like Jesus’s return was coming soon and every year as I read through the Bible it feels like it is even getting closer.
So what about you? Are you ready for Jesus’s return? Have you started a relationship with God through Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Have you accepted the gift of grace through inviting Jesus into your heart? Do you love God? Are you living according to His calling on your life? If not, could today be your day? Want to start the journey? Before even continuing down the page to what God speaks to me through His Word/devotional today, why not jump to the bottom of this post and pray with me? Have questions? Want to discuss further? I have a few different options for you including leaving a comment for this post, sending me an email, or even just a text message. (just came to me that you could also leave a message for me over on Facebook too)
The 49 week challenge – Day 241
The 49 week challenge has 6 days in which to notice a promise to trust, a command to obey, a truth to embrace, a warning to heed, or an encouragement to rest in and 1 day to reflect on what you’re learning and to share it with others, to think back over the week’s readings, to see connections between the various passages of the week. Each day we have time to talk to God and contemplate what is being said through His Word, and even more so on the 7th day.
How interested are you in what will happen today? How interested are you in what will be required of you today? How interested are you in what decisions you will need to make today? How interested are you in hearing from God today? How interested are you in accomplishing what God is calling you to do today? What if it were life and death decision? What if it were everlasting life and everlasting death decision? What if the decision that you make today will determine how you will spend the rest of eternity? Would it make a difference?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. — Romans 8:28
- Finish strong and don’t lose hope because it feels like it is taking longer that you would or were expecting
- Don’t lose hope because people aren’t willing/ready to hear what God has given you to speak to them and they continue anyways
- They may turn to you or be willing to hear from you after a time.
- Keep up your courage and have faith in God that it will happen just as he said
- Take some food to make sure you are nourished and strengthened
- God’s plan is good! God’s plan is to give you a hope and a future! Will you accept it? Will you receive it?
- Do you realize the benefits of Jesus? Do you realize the gift of Jesus? Do you realize the love of God that is demonstrated through and in Jesus?
- Let’s consecrated and repent before God!
- Let’s not forget the journey of life we have had and how God has taken care and protected us through it all!
- Let’s reflect and never forget the sacrifice Jesus made in order to make atonement, once and for all!
- Don’t rush to judgment by what has happened to you – either to condemn or to praise, to think they are guilty or to elevate them to high of a position
- God has put you in such a place on a such a day on purpose and for a purpose
- How will God choose to use you in and through this time?
- Witness to those God brings into your life of all Jesus has done in and through your life!
- Don’t grow weary in doing good!
- Don’t lose hope because others eyes are seeming blind or their ears are seeming deaf to the truth and the reality of Jesus!
- God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than we could ever ask or imagine – no matter where we are at or how we got here – will you choose to receive it? Will you choose to accept it? Will you seek in order that you may find? Will you ask in order that you may receive? Will you know in order that the door will be opened to you?
- Will you do what is right?
- Will you speak what is true?
- Will you stand firm on the truth?
- Will you do good?
- God is good! God does good!
- We can learn through our affliction!
- We can consider it pure joy when we faith trials of many kinds!
- We can take heart when we face troubles because Jesus has overcome the world!
- Take hold of the Word of God!
- God’s faithfulness will endure forever!
- Don’t forget God’s precepts!
As day 241 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision today and the blessing to get to live out the rest of the year in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray with me?
Would you be willing to leave me a comment
so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision?
Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog,
why not email or text me instead?