Needing so hope in the midst of the things going on in this world? Looking to find true freedom that will last? Ever read 2 Corinthians 3:17 AMPC?
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom). [Isa. 61:1, 2.]”— 2 Corinthians 3:17 AMPC
Have you had an encounter with Jesus? I had the aha in 2001 when I realized it wasn’t about religion or rituals or routines but rather it was about inviting Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior and starting a relationship with Him. I shortly thereafter received the baptism of the Holy Spirit which is for everyone and and was on the start of an incredible journey. Not always easy but always knowing I wasn’t alone. It is always interesting to see different translations of the Bible as it reveals what the original words mean. I always had read the above as where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. From the AMPC translation, we are able to see it goes beyond that. Sometimes we forget this truth and can become worries or stressed or anxious. We haven’t been given a spirit of fear but rather of power, be, and self-control. When we take hold of the future God promises us as believers, we can walk out today with hope for our future. When we receive the Holy Spirit, we can walk in true freedom, liberty, And emancipation from bondage. So don’t worry and don’t fear, put your trust in God so that you can take heart when you face troubles and be able to consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds. Be anxious for nothing but instead turn God and talk to Him, listen to Him and take hold of what He has to say.
We need to take hold of this truth and not be persuaded by eloquent speech but rather have our faith be in God and His Word and His Spirit and His promises.
The 49 week challenge – Day 178
With May in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- Let’s take hold of the truth of Jesus and Him crucified
- Let’s walk in the power of the Spirit rather than in our own strength so that God will be lifted up and glorified
- The Spirit knows our words and thoughts, so lean on God and His Spirit
- Allow the Spirit to give you wisdom and discernment of God
- Allow the Spirit to give you peace and comfort from God
- Allow the Spirit to help you decide right from wrong
- Walk in the salvation that comes her Jesus and His ultimate sacrifice
- Listen to our Heavenly Father
- Remember how He created us like a potter
- Remember how He has known us since we were knit together in our mother’s womb
- We were not a surprise to God
- He has a plan for us and it is good and gives us a hope and a future
- What will you bring to God?
- Will you give to God what is God’s?
- Let’s praise he Lord all our lives
- Let’s live out our lives as living sacrifices to God
- He is faithful
- He give us true freedom
- Let’s live our lives humbly so that we won’t be living with so much pride that we need to be humbled.
As day 178 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?
Today’s devotional that I am following is The 49-Week Challenge comes from Life.Church. For more information, please visit www.life.church — Thank you Life.Church for sharing this reading plan through Bible.com