Do you have it? Do you want it? Do you need it?
Remember how we aren’t to lean on our own understanding? We need to trust God. We need to acknowledge Him in all our ways. We need to allow Him to make our path straight.
Ever considered what God’s Word says about understanding?
- We need to observe God’s statutes and ordinances carefully as that shows wisdom and understanding to others. (Deut 4:5-6)
- We need to accept God’s words and hide his commandments in our hearts then if we listen closely, call out to God, and seek wisdom and understanding like treasure then we will find wisdom and discernment of honoring and glorifying God who will give you wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. (Prov 2:2-6)
There is more and when we look to God, trusting in Him, in the midst of a storm or confusion, we can wait upon Him to reveal the truth and help us to understand and accomplish His perfect will and plan. Let’s make God’s purpose our purpose and God’s will our will as we prepare for today.
The 49 week challenge – Day 174
With May in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- Pray and ask for prayer
- Receive Jesus’s love and perseverance
- Don’t be idle but be known by your works
- Be a model and follow the model of the disciples
- Let’s be busy rather than busy bodies
- Let’s work hard as unto the Lord
- Walk in the grace of Jesus
- Deliver me as You did Lord
- You see what is going on and so I turn Lord to You as my shelter and shield
- You are my strength and fortress Lord
- My strength is found in you
- In my weakness, your strength is reveal
- You are in charge Lord
- So I praise You God as You are the one on whom I can rely
- Success can be the biggest challenge
- Wisdom is better than folly
- Light is better than darkness
- Let’s point people to Jesus for one day we will leave this earth and our inheritance will be passed on to others who haven’t toiled for it
- Don’t spend time on things that is useless and worthless
- Take hold of God’s plan so as not to be chasing after the wind
- Put your trust in God
- Remember the battle belongs to the Lord
- Remember that vengeance is the Lord
As day 174 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?
Today’s devotional that I am following is The 49-Week Challenge comes from Life.Church. For more information, please visit www.life.church — Thank you Life.Church for sharing this reading plan through Bible.com