There are many who may say or do things to bait you into freaking out. There are many who make act or behave in a way in order to cause you to freak out. Remember that you can’t control how others are going to act but you can control how you will respond.
Was it something on the news or a tv show? What is something on a talk show or radio program? Was it something in a meeting or casual conversation?
We need to bring everything under the word of God to test its reality as well as to help us respond accordingly or appropriately.
There are a lot of things that might be pointing to the ends of time but do you realize that there is one thing that is required before Jesus comes back? Do you realize that it requires the one who is going to come and try and become the worshipped one, the one who is going to lead a one world government, the one who will oppose God and look to make himself to be god. We don’t need to worry about the time and the place, we just need to be leaning in and trusting in Jesus because to others it is going to show up and be a surprise. We know the time is coming and so we can just walk and live out our lives in ways to glorify God! Be anxious for nothing and instead bring your prayers and petitions to God! Worry changes nothing but prayer changes everything. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and God will take care of everything else!
So when you are faced with trials, you can consider them pure joy thanks to Jesus! When you face troubles in this world, you can take heart because Jesus has over come the world.
Will we face trials? Will we have troubles? Yes is the short answer. The longer answer requires we take hold of God’s Word and trust Him:
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.— James 1:2-4
33“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”— John 16:33
So don’t freak out! Don’t escalate the matter! Take Hold of God’s Word and walk in His peace! Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. Invite the Holy Spirit who is our counselor and our guide into every situation for wisdom and discernment, direction and instruction, so that in all things we can respond in a way that will lift God up and glorify Him as living sacrifices by the words we speak, the thoughts we have, and the actions we take, in Jesus’s name.
Do you believe?
So we will each have a decision to make! We will all get to choose how we will respond! So the choice is yours in every situation. Choose life! Choose love! Choose joy! Choose eternity!
Don’t be fooled into thinking that a tantrum is going do the trick. Lead with love rather than fear!
The 49 week challenge – Day 173
With May in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- The end won’t come before the lawless one comes, the antichrist, …
- So don’t freak out at what is taking place today but rather lean into God for wisdom and discernment
- Jesus is coming back, we can have confidence in that.
- So instead of walking or standing on sinking sands, let’s stand firm on the rock of Jesus!
- Let’s align our lives to the cornerstone who is Jesus!
- Don’t be fooled by the lies of Satan. Take hold of the truth of Jesus which sets us free!
- Hold onto God’s Word through the Bible!
- Be strengthened in every good deed and work!
- Receive God’s compassion!
- Receive the relief God is giving you!
- Accept the Lord who will protect you and take revenge for what has been done to you.
- Let’s walk in humility, as humble servants just Jesus did!
- As leaders we need to serve those God has given us!
- We don’t need to worry because God has a plan and a purpose!
- We just need to choose whom we shall serve! As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
- Worry is for those who don’t know the Lord and haven’t put their hope and trust in Jesus!
- From the overflow of your heart the mouth speaks! So what will you allow into your heart?
- Will you invite Jesus into your heart? So that He can clean and purify it and fill it with love so that out of the overflow of your heart will come love? Will you allow Him to fill it with wisdom and discernment so that you will overflow with wisdom and discernment?
- Don’t be filled with anger or violence or bitterness for it will rob you of joy!
- Let’s receive Jesus and allow our bodies to be the temple of the Holy Spirit!
- Don’t be fooled and have anyone rob God of what He is due.
- Will you allow God and His Spirit to speak to you and share the truth with you?
- Will you turn to God’s Word for revelation and instruction?
As day 173 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?
Today’s devotional that I am following is The 49-Week Challenge comes from Life.Church. For more information, please visit www.life.church — Thank you Life.Church for sharing this reading plan through Bible.com