Are you living to please God? Are you living to please yourself? Are you living to please others? What is motivating your behavior?
Are you loving God? Are you living sanctified? Are you living by love? Are you loving one another? Are you leading a quiet life? Are you minding your own business? Are you getting your work done? Are you living with your dependence on God rather than others?
Are you living with the hope of Jesus and the resurrection?
So let us choose to live with love for God and for one another with the hope of Jesus encouraging us through each moment of each day!
The 49 week challenge – Day 170
With May in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- Love God
- Live to please God
- Live sanctified
- Avoid sexual immorality
- Control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable to God
- Don’t live out life by lust nor even passionate lust
- Don’t do wrong to others
- Don’t take advantage of others
- Live a life holy life as God has commanded us
- Love one another
- Don’t be rabble rousers but instead live quiet lives in love by minding your own business and working hard
- Live life in a way that honors God so that when people see your good works they will glorify your Father in heaven
- Live a life filled with hope because you know that Jesus has already won the victory
- Live a life of hope because you know Jesus was resurrected from the dead and because of our faith in Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we will get to spend eternity with those who have already passed away in the faith
- Encourage one another
- Hear God’s Words and be encouraged
- Be assured that you will be restored by the Lord
- Receive the promises of God
- Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength
- Lean not on your own understanding, trust God!
- Will you love and lead others into love, true love
- Will you be faithful to God?
- Will you acknowledge God?
- Don’t be a snare or a trap causing people to fall away from God
As day 170 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?
Today’s devotional that I am following is The 49-Week Challenge comes from Life.Church. For more information, please visit www.life.church — Thank you Life.Church for sharing this reading plan through Bible.com