Don’t lose hope! Don’t give up! Trust in God! Don’t lean on your own understand! Remember that in this world you will have troubles and that you can take heart because Jesus has overcome the world. Remember to consider it pure joy when you face trials as it will build your faith as you persevere and that when perseverance has complete its work building our faith, we will be complete and lacking nothing.
Ever ridden a roller coaster? Ever been on the old style wooden ones where the road feels really bumpy? Even been on the metal once’s that are smoother but have cork screws and loop de loops and other tests on your body? Remember how once you did it, how it went from scary to exciting? Might have been the g-forces on your body or the impact of spinning on your head or stomach, but after you got off, even if you never do it again, you now know you did.
Ever been challenge about who you are or your value? Ever had someone confront or challenge you about it? How did you respond? I am sure it hurt. I am sure it broke trust. I am sure it caused anger and frustration. I am sure it caused a reset or ideas on what to do to go through your thoughts. For me it made me have self talk like “oh yeah, I will show you.” It caused me to double down on showing that I can do that and do it well, no matter what they say or think. And as new challenges came up, and various revelations about the setup caused even more changes, I had to lean in to God to get me through it. In my weakness, God’s strength was and is revealed.
So no matter the challenge, no matter the struggle, no matter the trial, and no matter the troubles, we can trust God to get us through and hence be able to take heart and consider it pure joy and persevere.
“The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.”
Psalm 28:7 AMPC
The 49 week challenge – Day 169
With May in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- Remember how when we thought we couldn’t handle it anymore we just wanted to isolate and be alone?
- Who came along side you to strength and encourage you?
- Did God provide strength in your weakness?
- Did God provide people to encourage you?
- Did you put your faith and trust in God? Or try to go it alone?
- Are you willing to let others in? To let God in?
- God doesn’t want you to be unsettled thru these trials.
- Don’t be unsettled by trials for they are part of life.
- Remember the message of Jesus that in this world, we will have troubles. Don’t stop there though keep going and get the message that we can take heart because Jesus has overcome the world.
- With the love of Jesus, all things are possible.
- With the wisdom and direction of the Holy Spirit, we can be strengthened and encouraged.
- God is our strength and our shield.
- We have been saved by grace through faith in Jesus.
- So let’s rejoice and be glad in it thru God who strengthens us.
- Lead with love
- Lead with breakthrough love
- Lead with the breakthrough love we find in 1 Corinthians 13
- Don’t go it alone, make sure you join a group where you can lift up one another, get plugged into a bible believing, bible preaching church (even today in the midst of COVID there are so many you can checkout thru video services. (Like Eastridgetoday.com)
- Don’t allow the lies of the tempter, trust in God and be encouraged, resist the devil and he will flee
- Draw closer to God when the storms come as He can calm the storm or the storm in you.
- Draw closer to God because He cares for you
- Draw closer to Him for He can calm the waves and is a firm foundation on which to build our lives
As day 169 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?
Today’s devotional I am following is The 49-Week Challenge comes from Life.Church. For more information, please visit www.life.church — Thank you Life.Church for sharing this reading plan through Bible.com