What motivates you? What leads you? What directs you? What controls you? Are you willing to speak the truth in love, even when it is hard? Are you willing to speak the truth, even when it means confessing that you did something wrong? Are you willing to let God know all of you? Are you willing to let Him know your strengths and your weaknesses? Are you willing to be honest with Him, even when you mess up? Are you willing to tell God the truth whether you do right or wrong? Are you able to confess when you miss the mark (aka sin)? Are you able to praise God through it all? Are you able to cast all your cares upon Him? Are you willing to trust God no matter how big or small your cares and needs are? Do you believe God is big enough to handle anything you throw at Him? the good? the bad? the ugly? Are you willing to live with your emotions on your sleeve before God so that He always knows and can tell where you are at? Are you going to live your life before God without a mask? Are you willing to give God all of your heart? Are you willing to take God at His Word and agree with what He says? Is your faith in God? Is your faith in God strong enough when you succeed? Is your faith in God strong enough when you fail? Is your faith in God strong enough that when you fail, you will turn back to God, confess, and seek reconciliation through forgiveness? Will you pursue God’s Word with all you are? Will you do everything God asks of you?
Will you invite Jesus into your heart to fill that void?
Will you always answer God’s call? Will you pick up when He is calling you? Answering the call shows that you put your trust and faith and hope in Him!
(clarity of vision)
The 49-Week Challenge
With April in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- What would it take to be a person after God’s own heart?
- What would it take to accept Jesus into your heart?
- What would it take for God’s Word to be important in your life?
- What would it take for you to do everything God wants you to do?
- How will you live once you have received God’s call?
- When you don’t know what to do, will you choose to turn to God?
- Do you have God’s Word with you?
- How will you show your trust in God?
- Don’t let your past define your future!
- If God calls you to it then He will get you through it!
- Nothing is impossible with God!
- Will you wait in order to receive the Word of God?
- Will you do what God calls you to do?
- Will you receive the Holy Spirit in order to walk in the power of God?
- Will you be who God created you to be?
- Will you live as God calls you to live?
- Will you receive the instruction for life from God and live it?
- Will you allow God to be your savior?
- Who has God created you to be?
- What is the purpose He created you with and for?
- Will you trust God enough to be patient and wait upon the Lord?
- Will you wait upon the Lord to renew your strength?
- Don’t rush! Don’t lose hope! God’s timing is perfect!
- Will you follow the command God gives you?
As day 145 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?
Today’s devotional that I am following is The 49-Week Challenge comes from Life.Church. For more information, please visit www.life.church — Thank you Life.Church for sharing this reading plan through Bible.com