Imagine that there has been a lot of change and a lot of effort to get things lined up. Imagine that there has been a lot of roles aligned and division of labor defined. Imagine that it was starting to look like progress was being made. Still feels like there is too much to do but at least progress is being made. And then one day one or more leaders get called aside to for another purpose, potentially even a higher calling.
How would you respond? How will you respond? Do you realize the purpose? Do you realize the benefits? Could it be setting that person up for a higher calling and a greater purpose? Could it be that it is also opening up a position for you to be able to step up and step in to what your new role or purpose could be? How does it make you feel? How does it make others feel? Will it be for the better? Will it be an opportunity for growth? Will it be an opportunity for improvement? Will it help the greater good? Will it help the larger group? Will it help you get stronger? Will it help you get better?
How will God use this situation for them? How will God use this situation for you? How will all this play out for the others in the group? How will all this work out for the benefit of the group? How will all this work out for the glory of God?
Will you lean in and trust in God through it all? Will you lean in and realize that in the midst of it all, God is in control? Will you lean in and even though it has been uncomfortable to this point realize that God has been doing it to prepare for you for such a day and such a time as now?
How will you respond to the call when it is for someone else? How will you respond to the call when it means it is going to impact you and the larger group? What will be your response? Are you ready for the challenge?
(clarity of vision)
The 49-Week Challenge
With April in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- God has a plan and a purpose for each of us.
- We need to trust Him even when His ways are different from our ways because His ways are higher and better than our ways.
- Are you ready to pray and fast so as to be able to bless them as they engage in this new plan and purpose?
- The road may not be easy but God will get you through it if you will trust in Him and lean in on Him!
- Cast your care upon God because He cares for you!
- How will God have you proceed in the midst of yet another change?
- What does change do to you? What does change do in you? What does change do for you? What does change do through you?
- Will you speak truth with power into situations that are bad, wrong, and evil?
- Will you speak truth with power from the Holy Spirit who reveals what is really going on in the midst of situations of trickery and treachery?
- It takes different situations for people to find faith in God!
- Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by the Word of God!
- What will God have you speak to transform lives?
- What will God have you speak to point people back to Him?
- What will God have you speak that will cause people to turn to God and be saved?
- Will you speak what the Holy Spirit calls you to speak with power and truth through the love of God?
- Be ready to give a reason for the hope that is within you!
- Be ready when called upon to be able to speak the truth in love that leads to life!
- Will you decide to choose something from now and still go forward to support the rest of the group?
- Will you see what is good and in faith trust the Lord to go forward and help your brothers and sisters take what God has for them?
- Will you follow the Lord wholeheartedly?
- Are you willing to do so to the point of leading the group in order for their inheritance?
- Will you arm yourself to do battle for the and in support of the Lord?
- Have you ever considered your journey? Where you have been in order to get where you are today? Ever mapped it out from a location perspective? Ever mapped it out from a family perspective? Ever mapped it out from a career perspective?
- Do you realize the boundaries? Do you realize boundaries are for your benefit? Do you realize boundaries aren’t to keep you from good but to protect you and provide for your good?
As day 141 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?