Do you think there is no way out? Do you feel hopeless? Do you feel like you have nothing you can do? Are you trying to do it all in your own strength? Are you trying to go it alone?
Imagine if instead of going alone, you gave it up to God. Imagine if instead of trying to do it all in your own strength, you worshipped and praised God in the midst of it. Imagine if you called on God and trusted in God. Ever considered what it says in Psalm 91? Ever considered how it speaks to how God protects us from trouble, in trouble, and through trouble? Ever considered the number of times you weren’t stuck because God protected you from trouble? Ever considered the number of times you were in trouble and He protected you and got you out? Ever considered the number of times you were going through trouble and He protected you so that you were able to come out the other side stronger, satisfied, and safe?
Not many of us can probably think of being thrown in jail for what we believe in. In the midst of your trouble, were you praying to God for help and rescue? In the midst of your trouble, did you have other brothers and sisters in the Lord praying for you? Imagine getting to witness God’s rescuing power and all that He is able to do in and through you. Will you trust Him enough that when you see trouble coming you call on Him and trust in Him? Will you trust Him enough that when you are in trouble you will call on Him and trust in Him? Will you trust Him enough that when you are going through troubling times that you will call on Him and trust Him to help get you through it? Will you trust Him like a James “consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds“? Will you allow the work to happen in and through the troubles, persevering so that when you come out the other side you will be complete and lacking nothing? Will you take heart in the midst of trouble because you know that Jesus has overcome the world?
What if the prison that is keeping you in happens to be COVID-19 as it overwhelms the world? Will you lean into Jesus who has overcome the world? What if the prison that is keeping you in happens to be your work or role? What if the prison that is keeping you in happens to be the community of unbelievers who are keeping you from accomplishing God’s will? Are you going to be stuck or are you going to trust God? Are you going to be stuck or are you going to invited other believers to pray with you? Are you going to be stuck or will you allow God to protect you from trouble, in trouble, and through trouble?
We all get a choice! We all get to choose! God isn’t looking for robots and so He gave us freewill! God loves us so much that He gave Jesus! Will you turn back to God and love Him back? We only know how to love because He first loved us!
So, are you ready to get unstuck?
(clarity of vision)
The 49-Week Challenge
With April in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- Others may be plotting against you but where is your hope coming from?
- Others may be plotting against you but where is your help coming from?
- Others may be plotting against you but where is your trust coming from?
- Will you allow God to get you out?
- Will you keep knocking to let others know what God has been able to do?
- What if someone was resisting you good gestures towards them? What if they abused or attacked you for it?
- Would you be an intercessor? Would you be an advocate?
- Would you be able to resist the demands?
- Would you be able to resist the commands?
- Would you be able to resist the threats?
- Imagine being Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego with the threat the fiery furnace?
- Would you trust God enough that even though they heated up the furnace 7x hotter you would stay true to God?
- Imagine being Daniel and being thrown in the lions’ den.
- Would you trust God enough that even through you were to be thrown into a den of hungry lions you would stay true and trusting God?
- Would you trust God even when those in authority were tricked into convicting you?
- Whom will you trust?
- Do you have others who will petition for you too?
As day 138 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?