Ever done something and then be questioned by others why you would do that?
How did you respond? What was your explanation? How was it received?
What did you do? Was it so radical it required justification? Was it so crazy people couldn’t understand why you would or could do such a thing? Was it just they couldn’t or didn’t comprehend what happened?
Was it a higher calling from God? Was it out of selfishness? Was it out of ignorance? Was it for fame or fortune?
Imagine being Peter who had the vision from God and did as God commanded him and then to be questioned by the Jewish believers. Could you keep your composure and tell them how it all went down? Would you become defensive and try to protect yourself? Would you question their questioning you? What method do you think would produce the right and the best outcome?
So why did you do it?
(clarity of vision)
The 49-Week Challenge
With April in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- Are you hearing what they are asking?
- Are you confident in your decision to be able to clearly articulate your decision?
- Are you clear in understanding why you did it yourself?
- Do you realize the impact of something that seems back could be a positive outcome?
- Imagine people scattering and then God’s truth and love growing.
- What if they came and questioned you because you did something wrong? Would you give it up to God so you can be forgiven?
- Will you submit yourself to God so that He can teach you wisdom?
- Will you submit and confess to God so that He can clean you and create in your a new heart?
- Will you invite Jesus into your heart so that you can be transformed from the inside out?
- Will you allow Jesus to create in you a new heart? Will you allow Jesus into your heart and be born again?
- Will you take the spirit in you and share the good news with others so they too can be saved?
- Will the joy of salvation cause you to spread the joy of the Lord everywhere that you go?
- Will you be salt and light that point people back to God?
- Will you be love and hope that point people back to God?
- Will you praise and worship God for all that He has done!
- Will you live your life as a living sacrifice in order to please God?
- How would you respond if a prophecy against you is declared?
- What if it were God who was asking you why?
As day 138 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?