What if by causing us to stay home our families grow? Grow in understanding. Grow in strength. Grow in love. Grow in relationship. Grow in size?
What if the fear that tried to rob us got turned around and actually became a blessing because it helps to realize what is most important?
What if the by trying to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus by having stay home and lock-in orders the real outcome is stronger and more grounded families and people?
What if having to stay home was the key or trigger to innovation? Who could have imagined all the communication tools that would have had to scale out to support all the different scenarios? Who would have thought the acceleration of innovation and creativity could have happened in 2020, had it not been for the challenges that materialized?
Ever heard that God can take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it for good?
Can you see, identify, find anything good that is coming out of what is going on in the world right now? in your country right now? in your state or province? in your city? in your community? in your neighborhood? in your home?
Would you have expected it to happen now? Is it a pleasant surprise?
(clarity of vision)
The 49-Week Challenge
With April in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- How do you respond to persecution?
- How do you respond to troubles?
- How do you respond to trials?
- Is your response usually flight or fight?
- In either response are you still living to serve and to share the good news and hope that is within you?
- Do you realize the impact of you living out your faith on the people around you?
- Do you realize the impact on their eternity?
- Do you realize that word gets around? Do you realize that even without social media word can travel long distances about something? Do you realize that even without technology word can get around?
- In our reading we see it happen between Samaria and Jerusalem.
- With all the technological advancements, look how much faster information is getting around.
- Do you realize that means words, weather used for good or evil can make their rounds and with tech potentially even faster, for better or for worse, especially when the information may or may not have been validated.
- Do you realize the power of the Holy Spirit?
- Do you realize although money is necessary, it isn’t the end all and be all?
- Money isn’t evil but the love of money is the root of all evil!
- Are you paying attention to what is going on around you?
- Are you able to respond to the prompting of the Spirit when He speaks to you about how you can be a voice of hope, truth, love, support, …?
- Are you willing to respond to the prompting of the Holy Spirit when He speaks in the a still quiet voice with instruction, direction, or correction?
- Will you go where He asks you to go?
- Will you do what He asks you to do?
- Are you willing and able to bring understanding to a situation by the leading of the Holy Spirit?
- Are you willing and able to take what the Holy Spirit offers you and steward it for the glory of God?
- Where does God have you today? Where is God sending you today? What does He have planned for you today? How will you respond?
- Will you follow God? Will you follow God’s Spirit? Will you follow God’s wisdom? Will you follow God’s instruction?
- Will you be an instrument who helps bring people or points people back to God?
- Will this be a time of revival where people are humbled and repent and turn back to God so that He can be their God and we can be His people?
- Do you realize that there might be a new way to go?
- Do you realize that there might not be a way back from where we came?
- Will you trust the word of God or the word of man?
- Don’t be fooled or tricked! Trust in the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength!
- Do you realize that even tragedy may not cause people to turn back to God?
- Do you realize some need to get a vision of heaven and others may need to get a vision of hell to be awaken to the truths of God?
- In whom shall you trust? Will you put your hope and trust in man or in God?
- Do you realize that God can’t be fooled?
- Do you realize that there is no one like our God?
- Which god do you follow? Will you follow the one true God?
- Imagine the situation between Obadiah and Elijah and the battle of the fake god against the Lord, the one true God. What would that make you believe?
As day 135 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?