We don’t have to go to church to meet with God! God doesn’t live at the church! We learn through the Bible that Jesus came as Emmanuel, God with us! Jesus went He went to sit at the right hand of the Father, sent the Holy Spirit who is our comforter and guide. The Holy Spirit is with us, right here and right now!
Are you having virtual meetings with everyone using some tech to visit like Zoom or Teams or Skype or WhatApp or FaceTime or some other type of Tech? Are you able to go to online Church through platforms like YouTube and Facebook live? Are you trying to stay connected, even if it is at a distance? Are you trying to be Jesus hands and feet for those who need it? Are you trying to speak the truth in love? Are you trying to share hope and faith through Your Words and experiences?
We need to stay connected, first to God as the branches to the vine and second to one another! Just as we are to first love God with all our hearts, mind, soul, and strength and then to love our neighbors as ourselves, we need to stay connected!
When you feel alone, where do you turn? Will you cry out to God? Will you turn to His Word to hear what He has to say about you and to you? Will you take hold of His promises? Will you allow the Holy Spirit to bring peace that surpasses all understanding into your life to guard your heart and mind? Will you take hold of what Jesus offers you which is power, love, and a sound mind rather than fear? Will you take hold of God’s plan for you which is to give you a hope and a future? Will you take hold of God’s love for you which was demonstrated through His sending of Jesus not to condemn the world but that through Jesus the world can be saved!
Why not be a part of a revival during these times? Why spread the good news? Why not speak life in love to those you come into contact with? Why not be salt and light in this world that to many is feeling darker than ever?
If someone comes to mind today, will you reach out and check in on them?
We may need to stay home, but we are not alone! Let’s be the church and let’s be God’s hands and arms extended out into our communities!
(clarity of vision)
The 49-Week Challenge
With April in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- Heaven is God’s throne, and the earth is His footstool.
- Don’t be like those of old who resisted the Holy Spirit, Jesus has made it so that His Spirit can be on everyone – will you receive Jesus? Will you pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
- Will you put your trust and focus on God, so that in and through all things, You will desire to bring Him the praise, the honor, and the glory?
- Will you be a person with a spirit of reconciliation who bridges the gap through forgiveness and comes as an ambassador of peace?
- Let’s have the faith and trust like Stephen, even in the midst of persecution!
- Let’s have the faith and trust like Stephen, to forgive them in the midst of trials and troubles.
- Yes, it isn’t going to be easy, but in the midst of the big challenge ahead of you will you be like the 10 who come back with a bad report or like Joshua and Caleb who trusted in God and gave a good report?
- Yes, it is going to be hard times for a while and so we each need to make a choice for ourselves if we will trust in God to get us through it like Joshua and Caleb or give up and miss out on what God has for you like the others.
- Will you be like a Daniel who trusted in God to the point where he was thrown in the lion’s den and came out untouched?
- Will you be like a Daniel and friends who trusted in God to the point of being thrown into a fiery furnace to come out untouched?
- Will you be a living testimony of who God is and how good God is?
- Will you share Him and your experiences with others so they can have their faith built up and the devil’s plans thrown down through the blood of Jesus and the words of your testimonies?
- We are more than conquerors through Christ who strengthens us!
- God hasn’t given us a spirit of fear nor cowardice nor timidity but of power, love, self-control, self-discipline, and sound mind.
- God is good to His Word! God’s promises are true!
- So let us be like Caleb and trust and follow God, and follow Him wholeheartedly!
- God boundaries are for safety and health! Boundaries aren’t to keep you from God’s blessings but to protect you and give you all that God has planned for you!
- We need to be living testimonies so that people won’t forget all that God has done!
- We need to be living testimonies in hopes that we can have people sway towards God rather than away from God!
- We need to be strong! We need to be courageous! We need to be obedient to God’s will and God’s way! We need to put all of our hope and trust in God!
- Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life — He is our path into eternity with God!
- So let us be thoughtful!
- Let us have a plan and be prepared!
- God has a plan, He even goes before us preparing in advance the good works for us to accomplish!
- Consider the plans that David received from God and how he demonstrated the preparation in advance that Solomon was able to use to build the temple for the Lord!
- As the temple of the Holy Spirit, will you allow your body and your life to speak the volumes like that of the old temple that was built because God is greater than all other gods?
As day 134 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?