Are you chasing your desires? Do you know how long or short that will last? Is it a fad or temporary thing? Is it for good reasons or selfish reasons? What is your motivation?
Why not pursue God’s plans? Why not seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness? Why not make God’s plans your plans? Why not allow God to lead the way? Why not pursue God and allow His purpose and plan for you to not only be revealed but also be accomplished?
Why chase after the wind? Why not chase after something that will last?
Ever considered what the Bible says about having dreams and goals?
Are you chasing desires in hopes of finding happiness? What if chasing God’s plan would bring you holiness which would produce happiness? Check your heart! From the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks!
It’s the start of the work week… So choose wisely what you will pursue in order to ensure happiness this week. Will you set yourself up so that the joy of the Lord is your strength? Will you set yourself up so that your satisfaction comes through your relationship with God? Will you pursue satisfaction in God which leads to holiness in order to find true and lasting happiness?
(clarity of vision)
The 49-Week Challenge
With April in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
- Are you running in some direction or are you running in God’s direction?
- Are you running away from God or towards God?
- Are you running with God or away from God?
- You realize that even if you are off, out of alignment just a bit down the road you can end up way off line right?
- Why not follow God’s plan and purpose for your life and stay on the straight and narrow?
- Consider how the people of Israel followed the ark of the covenant…
- Consider how the people knew which way to go based on where the ark of the covenant went…
- Consider the instructions of God, keeping your distance so that if there is a turn or shift, so that you can stay on track and not go out on your own.
- Have you consecrated yourself in preparation for what God has planned for you?
- Are people able to see that God is with you?
- What is it about your life that is demonstrating that you are pursuing God’s will and that He is with you?
- Will you follow after God so that just like how the Israelites walked thru the Jordan on dry ground, you will be able to walk out your calling according to God’s will?
- Allow the past to encourage you and give you a testimony.
- Focus on the future God has planned for you in faith.
- What has God call you to accomplish?
- Will you pursue to get it all done?
- Will you understand when it is time to pass the baton?
- Will you help the next generation to pick up the baton and press on into all God has planned for them?
As day 132 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.—The Sinner’s Prayer
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?