Ever had an incident in your life that caused change? Ever had an incident in your life that transformed? Ever had an incident that change the trajectory for the rest of your life?
What about on a professional level? What about on a personal level? What about on a relational level? What about on a spiritual level?
When it first happened did you realize it was going to have such a huge impact? When it happened did you realize it was going to be the catalyst? When it happened were you receptive?
Was it triggered by a positive event? Was it triggered by a negative event? Was it triggered by some type of trial or emergency? Was it caused by a resistance? Was it that you were on the edge of a breakthrough and had to push through?
I know how my life was transformed back in 2000 when my life took a huge turn as I moved my family away from all our friends and family, thinking it was for my career, and with all the miracles that took place including the job I ended up with (applied for 3 and took a third because I ran into someone I knew in the hallway) the house we bought (where the randomly assigned real estate agent happened to bring us to an area nearly an hour from where we had thought, researched, and planned to move) to the incredible church we are now a part of (thanks to an invite we received for the Christmas production) and in the midst of all of that we had an encounter with Jesus who has transformed not only my life, my wife’s life, but our entire family.
So yes things might be feeling tough right now… Don’t give up!
Yes things might be feeling rough right now … Don’t give up!
Yes things might be feeling stuck right now … Don’t give up!
Yes things might even be feeling isolated or lonely right now … Don’t give up!
Let’s look for ways to press on, to finish the race, to finish strong, to be bold and courageous, to be prepared for the good works God has prepared in advance for us to accomplish, to race to win, to race to get the crown God has for us, to produce good fruits, to be salt and light into this dark world, to be the one in one another!
Day 85: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge —
— Day 85 —
With February in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
(I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Do you realize who Jesus is? He’s the God who stays! He’s the God who saves! He’s the God who runs in our direction when the whole world walks away! He the God who stands with wide open arms! He’s the God who tells me nothing I have ever done can separate my heart from Him!
- We see how even with Jesus’s disciples tried to prevent the children from approaching Him, He rebuked them and said to not hinder them from coming to Him!
- With God all things are possible! Even a rich man who in their own way couldn’t make a way through Jesus a transformed heart will make it possible!
- What seems impossible to man is possible with and through God!
- Do you have a need? Are you having a problem seeing? Seeing where this is going? Seeing what is going on? Seeing what you are supposed to do? Seeing your part or your role? Seeing the reason? Seeing the purpose? Seeing what you are to learn? Seeing where you are headed? Seeing the breakthrough? Cry out to Jesus like your life depends on it! Be like the blind man who heard Jesus was passing by and don’t let anyone keep you from having an encounter with Jesus! Get louder and get serious about it so that you can have an encounter with Jesus that will transform the rest of your life!
- Want things to be better? Do you want to keep things to a high standard? Let’s remember the God’s commands! Let’s remember how Jesus calls us to raise the average and raise the bar!
As day 85 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?