Are you working to serve? Are you working to be served? Are you working to give? Are you working to get? Are you working to love? Are you working to be loved? Are you working as unto the Lord? Are you working as unto people? Are you working to do your best? Are you working to look your best? Are you working in order to be compared with others? Are you working based on your pay or based on wanting to accomplish the work in the best way possible? Are you working to produce good fruit? Are you working towards accomplishing the good works Goad has prepared in advance?
How does your perspective change your responses to situations? How does your perspective change your responses to people? How does your perspective change how you engage in the day?
Where is your heart at today? Where is your mind at today? What kind of worker will you be today and this coming week?
Are you accomplishing the good works that God prepared in advance for you to accomplish?
What kind of worker are you?
Are you a manager or boss? Are you looking for workers? Are you looking for hard workers? Are you looking for dedicated workers? Are you looking for good workers? Are you generous and looking for many workers? Are you generous and looking to serve your workers?
Day 82: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge —
— Day 82 —
With February in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
(I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Are you looking for workers who are wanting to get started early?
- Are you looking for workers who can help get the work done?
- Are you perseverant and keep looking for those workers who want to do the work?
- Are you determined to get the work done and to get the right people to help it happen?
- Do you remember the agreement to doing the work? Will you be satisfied by it?
- Will you be one who grumbles about the work? Will you be one who is grateful for the work?
- Are you ok when people are generous with you?
- Are you ok when people are generous with others?
- Are you ok if those who started after you are making as much as you?
- Are you ok if those who started before you are making as much as you?
- What if they make less? What if they make more?
- Where is your heart at? Where is your mind at?
- Is it being selfish or selfless?
- Is it being prideful or humble?
- Now consider if you are working for the glory of God?
- Are you working to give God the glory?
- Are you working to serve others?
- Won’t we all be or should all be happy and joyful to spend eternity with each other in Heaven?
- Won’t you choose to spend eternity with God rather than apart from God?
- Jesus paid it! He made a way when there didn’t seem to be a way! He sacrificed it all to pay for our sins! He conquered the grave so that we may spend eternity with Him and the Father and the Holy Spirit!
- Let’s live our lives as unto the Lord!
- Let’s be living sacrifices for the glory of the Lord!
- Remember how Jesus said we have to live as servants and slaves – we should live as Jesus to serve others!
- Do you want to be saved and healed enough that you won’t stop till you have an encounter with Jesus like the blind men?
- Do you want God’s touch enough to seek the Lord with all your heart?
- Are you more interested in serving or to be served?
- Are you more interested in receiving or to be generous?
- Are you willing to help others or to make their lives harder?
- Will you serve or will you rebel?
- Will you pursue righteousness? Will you seek the Lord?
- Will you learn from the past? Will you be blessed?
- Will you be comforted?
- Will you rejoice?
- Will you receive God’s instruction? Will you hold God’s justice?
- Will you allow the Lord to be your hope?
- Will you allow the joy of the Lord be your strength?
- Will you receive God’s salvation?
- Will you clothe yourself with strength?
- Will you be part of the redeemed of the Lord who said so?
- Will you receive the comfort of the Lord?
- Will you trust in the Lord with all Your heart and lean not on your own understanding?
- Will you be set free? Will you live your life unto the Lord in true freedom?
- Will you be part of the people God will defend?
- Will you be part of God’s people, the ones who will humble themselves and pray, the ones who will be called by the name of the Lord, the ones who seek God’s face and turn from their wicked ways, the ones who God promises that He will hear from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their land?
- Will you be part of the people who are against God?
- Will you be part of the people who God sends away from Him?
- Will you be part of the people who are exiled from God’s presence?
- Where does your help come from?
- Where does your hope come from?
- Where does your wisdom come from?
- Will you be part of the people who will be punished?
- Where will you choose to spend eternity? With God or apart from Him?
- Will you be left behind?
- Are you hearing about wars and rumors of wars? Are you hearing about famines and earthquakes?
As day 82 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?