Do you think it is you? Do you think it is your spouse? Do you think it is your boss? Do you think it is your coworker? Do you think it is your politicians? Do you think it is your judges? Do you think it is the police? Do you think it is the lawyers? Do you think it is your parents? Do you think it is your kids? Do you think it is an association? Do you think it is an industry? Do you think it is a company? Who do you think is in charge?
Let’s consider what the definition says:
Charge is what a cavalry does when it rushes towards enemy lines. A charge is also the cost of something. When you are “in charge,” it means that you are in command of everything. And when you are “in charge of,” it means that you have a specific responsibility.— www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/charge
What is everything to you? Do they have that specific responsibility to be able to be in charge?
Do you have a specific responsibility for something? Are you in command of everything related to that?
If we go back to considering who is the owner and then considering our role, does that change your answer?
God is the owner! The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it! We are to be stewards of everything He has trusted us with! God is in control!
Day 80: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge —
— Day 80 —
With February in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
(I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- What do you base your answer on? Is it man’s heart? Is it man’s traditions? Is it God’s command?
- How do you know the difference between right and wrong? Is it based on man’s definition which shifts or God’s definition that stands the test of time?
- Are you willing to live out life as average in which case the average continues to drop or are you willing to raise the bar in order for the average to at least not drop and hopefully rise?
- So if man says you can but God’s design was that you can’t which will you choose to follow?
- Will you choose the easier route or will you pursue the route that is proven true?
- If God’s Word says something will you receive it and accept it?
- Today’s reading shows how the pharisees challenged Jesus between what God’s Word and God’s plan were against what Moses said.
- Are you motivated by love or by a hard heart?
- Are you motivated by selfishness or selflessness?
- Are you willing to get rid of the hard exterior? Are you willing to get rid of the jaded or hardened heart? Are you willing to be transformed into who God created you to be?
- Are you willing to take on the things considered impossible to man? Are you willing to trust God for whom all things are possible?
- Will you live with humility? Will you live to support even the weakest believers?
- Will you humble yourself in order for God to get the glory?
- Are you willing to live your life with:
harmless and inoffensive; free from rancour and malice, meek, modest, and humble; without pride, self-conceit, and ambitious views, and desires of grandeur and superiority.— John Gill’s Exposition of the Bible – Matthew 19:14
- Are you willing to follow all of God’s commands?
- Are you willing to be a generous giver for the kingdom of God?
- Do you realize that even though it may seem impossible for man, like getting a camel through the eye of a needle, all things are possible with God?
- Are you willing to serve? Are you willing to become least in order for God to become more in your life?
- Do you want to live out life in first just to come to the realization that in eternity you will be last?
- Wouldn’t you rather live this life as last and come to the realization that in eternity you will be first?
- Do you know the beginning from the end? Then how could you be in control?
- Do you know how the world was created? Then how could you be in control?
- Do you know how the water of the world got into place? Then how could you be in control?
- Do you know how the world was created good? Then how could you be in control?
- Do you know how the things in the sky got into their places? Then how could you be in control?
- Do you know that you need rest? Do you know that you were created for specific work and purpose?
- Do you realize that you were created on purpose, for a purpose, with a purpose?
- Do you realize that as man and as woman we have all been created in the image of God?
- Do you know what love is? Do you realize that God is love?
- Do you have passion for your love?
- Will you live your life with love as your foundation?
- Will you live your life out of love for one another?
- Do you realize that for it to work right it requires that God be in it?
- Do you realize that when you make God the rock of your foundation, you are able to have solid footing, no need to worry or fret, and will find rest?
- Do you realize that children are gifts from God?
As day 80 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?