God is rarely early. God is never late. God’s timing is perfect!
You may have a plan or think that things should happen on your schedule but is that for your glory or the glory of God? Remember we setup a plan and God directs our footsteps. God knows the beginning from the end! God’s knows the exact time, the exact circumstance, the exact response, and the exact outcome required for the exact glory that is to occur.
Turn to God! Give all your cares up to Him because He cares for you!
We need to turn back to God in the midst of our trials, our troubles, and even when plagues occur!
Consider what is said in 2 Chronicles 7:13-15:
13“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.— 2 Chronicles 7:13-15
Take a look around! Are you willing to humble yourself? Are you willing to pray to God? Are you willing to seek the face of God? Are you willing to turn back to God?
Do you say you are a believer? Do you say that you are part of the “people, who are called by my name”? Then will you start the turning point? Will you be the start of the revival? Will you be the one to be a catalyst for the people to turn back to God? Will you be the one to be a catalyst for people to start seeking God’s face? Will you be the one to be a catalyst for people to start living humbly? Will you be the one to be a catalyst for people to start praying to the one and only true God?
If not you then who? If not now then when? If not here then where? If not for this time and situation then what? If not for the glory of God then why? If not by following God’s commands then how?
God’s Word speaks of the people becoming proud and walking away from Him. God’s Word speaks of the people becoming self-sufficient or selfish and walking away from Him. We also learn how as the people walked away and out from under the protection and cover of God the troubles they ran into. We also see the pendulum swing back when the people realize what they have done and turn back to God and cry out to Him and God’s response. We see the miracles that take place for the glory of God! So what about right here, right now, we choose to turn back and call out to God!
God’s timing is perfect! Even consider from today’s reading about Lazarus and his death! His sisters thought Jesus came too late. His sisters thought that if Jesus had come earlier He could have saved Lazarus from death. But God had a different plan to bring even greater glory to Himself by bringing Lazarus back to life even after having been in the tomb. Jesus wasn’t late! Jesus wasn’t early! Jesus showed up right on time to be able to accomplish the exact thing God desired for the glory of His kingdom, or as we read the words of Jesus:
‘When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.” ‘— John 11:4
‘Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” ‘— John 11:40-44
So how about you? Are you willing to believe and trust in God’s timing? Are you willing to believe and trust God enough to turn back to Him in humility and pray and seek His face?
Day 76: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge —
— Day 76 —
With February in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from:
(I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- God has a plan!
- God’s plan is for good and not for evil! God’s plan is to give us a hope and a future.
- God’s plan includes perfect timing! We need to trust God’s timing!
- It’s not over till Jesus says it is over! Jesus needed to teach His disciples! Jesus needed to teach Mary and Martha. Jesus knew what He was doing! What is it we need to learn?
- Jesus even knew the time and the place where He would give up His life for our sake.
- Jesus even knew that He would conquer the grave and as such break the chains of death on our lives too!
- Jesus is the resurrection and the life! Jesus is the messiah!
- Jesus is deeply moved when we are in pain and sorrow!
- Jesus loves us so much that He would give up His life for us!
- For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life!
- What do you fear more? Do you fear man or fear God?
- God’s Spirit is able to speak through man to tell and speak of what is yet to come:
‘He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one. ‘— John 11:51-52
- There is a reason and a season for each time to be giving God the praise, the honor, and the glory
- We need to return to God as we hear in today’s reading:
‘At the king’s command, couriers went throughout Israel and Judah with letters from the king and from his officials, which read: “People of Israel, return to the Lord , the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, that he may return to you who are left, who have escaped from the hand of the kings of Assyria. Do not be like your parents and your fellow Israelites, who were unfaithful to the Lord , the God of their ancestors, so that he made them an object of horror, as you see. Do not be stiff-necked, as your ancestors were; submit to the Lord . Come to his sanctuary, which he has consecrated forever. Serve the Lord your God, so that his fierce anger will turn away from you. If you return to the Lord , then your fellow Israelites and your children will be shown compassion by their captors and will return to this land, for the Lord your God is gracious and compassionate. He will not turn his face from you if you return to him.” ‘— 2 Chronicles 30:6-9
- We need to consecrate ourselves!
- We need to purify ourselves!
- We need to pray and praise God!
- We need to celebrate the goodness of God!
- We need to pray to God!
- Trust God! The devil is seeking those who he can destroy and kill.
- Let’s not allow our integrity to be tarnished because of suffering we must endure!
- Jesus was willing to show His love for us by suffering and enduring the cross for us, to make a way when there didn’t seem to be a way for us to be reconciled to God!
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death– even death on a cross!— Philippians 2:8
- Let’s walk in humility! Let’s walk in obedience! Let’s live out lives of integrity! Let’s not stop the good work we are doing that God has prepared in advance for us to accomplish! Let’s consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds! Let’s take hope when we face troubles of this world because we know that Jesus has overcome the world!
As day 76 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?